XF 1.3 Cant seem to change colour of piece of text in discussion list...

Jay182uk

I've edited the text on my discussion/thread list page successfully so far by adding code to the EXTRA template..
However, I can't seem to alter the text colour of the 'replies' and 'views' text as displayed in the pic below. It's a light grey, and it's way too light on the background. I want black text. I have also had a fiddle in the discussion_list.css template and I've had no luck either.

This is a link to the forum itself: http://community.mmafederation.com/index.php?forums/general-discussion.4/

Capture.webp

Does anybody have any advice/a piece of code that I could insert into EXTRA.css or any other template, to alter the colour of this text directly?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!!

Style Properties > Color Palette > @mutedTextColor

Thanks, but I don't want to change the mutedTextColor via color palette because that will effect everywhere else on the forum where that is used.

I want to JUST change the colour of the red circled area on the discussions list, as detailed above.

Thanks, but I don't want to change the mutedTextColor via color palette because that will effect everywhere else on the forum where that is used.

I want to JUST change the colour of the red circled area on the discussions list, as detailed above.

Try this:
Code:
.pairsJustified dt {
    color: #FF0000 !important;
}

Change the color to suit.

Edit: See Sheldon's post below.

Last edited:
Try this:
Code:
.pairsJustified dt {
    color: #FF0000 !important;
}

Change the color to suit.

Hi :) I just tried that, and it DID change the text colour that I wanted to change, but at the expense of the red circled area on the index page of the picture below:

upload_2014-5-2_15-29-39.webp

which is bad =/ because I want it as black text on the thread discussion list
but if the above text that is circled is black, it will obviously be invisible on the black background :(

I'm stuck =/

I posted the correct CSS above.

Hi, sorry to bother you again, but any chance you have a quick fix for the 'edit' text near the replies/views too? I would like that a darker colour as well.

if its a big thing then no worries, I just realised I forgot to mention it in this thread (see red circle on image below):

upload_2014-5-2_15-51-24.webp

thank you!!

Hi, sorry to bother you again, but any chance you have a quick fix for the 'edit' text near the replies/views too? I would like that a darker colour as well.

if its a big thing then no worries, I just realised I forgot to mention it in this thread (see red circle on image below):

View attachment 72993

thank you!!

That's controlled via the : @faintTextcolor style property, I'm telling you this because if you feel it's to light there, typically it'll be across the board a lot, so it could be beneficial to darken it. I know with styles with a dark sidebar/light content it's a pain to get it correct in a smooth manner :).

For the link you want:

Code:
.discussionListItem .secondRow .controls a {
color: #000000;
}

That's controlled via the : @faintTextcolor style property, I'm telling you this because if you feel it's to light there, typically it'll be across the board a lot, so it could be beneficial to darken it. I know with styles with a dark sidebar/light content it's a pain to get it correct in a smooth manner :).

For the link you want:

Code:
.discussionListItem .secondRow .controls a {
color: #000000;
}

thank you my friend! :) big help!

Top Bottom