XF 1.2 Can't save forums...

faeronsayn

I keep getting this error when trying to save forums.

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'allowed_watch_notifications' in 'field list'

After the update to xenForo v1.2 all my thread orders are messed up in each and every one of my forums. Any quick fix for this? When I try to get into the forum to set it's default thread order, I get an error that no valid value is selected so I select one of the watch forum options to receive the error above.

It sounds like your upgrade to 1.2 actually failed due to add-on conflicts. I could only recommend restoring your 1.1.5 backup, removing any conflicting add-ons (ensuring their data is removed from the database) and then retrying the upgrade.

It sounds like your upgrade to 1.2 actually failed due to add-on conflicts. I could only recommend restoring your 1.1.5 backup, removing any conflicting add-ons (ensuring their data is removed from the database) and then retrying the upgrade.

I did come from v1.1.4, could that be an issue? Furthermore, is there anyway to salvage the current install? If there were any major failures when upgrading to v1.2.0 I would assume that the updater would identify them?

Here is an error from the error log regarding the default sorting order..

ErrorException: Undefined index: default_sort_order - library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:291

Code:
#0 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(291): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home2/asdf/pu...', 291, Array)
#1 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(102): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_getDefaultThreadSort(Array)
#2 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#3 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home2/asdf/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Database is asking me to choose at least one column before i can run the above query.

Which column should I select?

Do I have to select any tables as well as columns or just columns?

@Brogan

Last edited:
get same Error

Upgrade Errors
Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.2.0 Release Candidate 1 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:

• Column xf_forum.allowed_watch_notifications missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_order missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_direction missing.
This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.

but on run

ALTER TABLE xf_forum
ADD require_prefix TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ADD allowed_watch_notifications VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'all',
ADD default_sort_order VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'last_post_date',
ADD default_sort_direction VARCHAR(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'desc'

get this error

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'require_prefix'

Had something similiar with RC2
Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:
  • Column xf_forum.allowed_watch_notifications missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_order missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_direction missing.
This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.

If i just knew what addon this caused Oo

Top Bottom