XF 1.2 Can't save forums...

faeronsayn

I keep getting this error when trying to save forums.

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'allowed_watch_notifications' in 'field list'

After the update to xenForo v1.2 all my thread orders are messed up in each and every one of my forums. Any quick fix for this? When I try to get into the forum to set it's default thread order, I get an error that no valid value is selected so I select one of the watch forum options to receive the error above.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It sounds like your upgrade to 1.2 actually failed due to add-on conflicts. I could only recommend restoring your 1.1.5 backup, removing any conflicting add-ons (ensuring their data is removed from the database) and then retrying the upgrade.

faeronsayn

It sounds like your upgrade to 1.2 actually failed due to add-on conflicts. I could only recommend restoring your 1.1.5 backup, removing any conflicting add-ons (ensuring their data is removed from the database) and then retrying the upgrade.
I did come from v1.1.4, could that be an issue? Furthermore, is there anyway to salvage the current install? If there were any major failures when upgrading to v1.2.0 I would assume that the updater would identify them?

Here is an error from the error log regarding the default sorting order..

ErrorException: Undefined index: default_sort_order - library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:291

Code:
#0 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(291): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home2/asdf/pu...', 291, Array)
#1 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(102): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_getDefaultThreadSort(Array)
#2 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#3 /home2/asdf/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home2/asdf/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

xf_phantom

Try to run this query
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_forum
                ADD require_prefix TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                ADD allowed_watch_notifications VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'all',
                ADD default_sort_order VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'last_post_date',
                ADD default_sort_direction VARCHAR(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'desc'

ineedhelp

Database is asking me to choose at least one column before i can run the above query.

Which column should I select?

Do I have to select any tables as well as columns or just columns?

@Brogan

Last edited:

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Database is asking me to choose at least one column before i can run the above query.

Which column should I select?

Do I have to select any tables as well as columns or just columns?

@Brogan
You shouldn't have to select any columns. Just run the query. In phpmyadmin there is a SQL tab to run queries.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Fixed it - Thanks.

All threads are displaying from 2011 first and todays last….. Do I need to rebuild cache?
Yes, probably:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches

I would guess that rebuilding the forum cache on this page is necessary after running that query.

ineedhelp

Problem solved... I removed the require prefix line and the query worked fine! Fixed everything. So far from what I can tell!

TBolley

get same Error

Upgrade Errors
Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.2.0 Release Candidate 1 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:

• Column xf_forum.allowed_watch_notifications missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_order missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_direction missing.
This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.
but on run

ALTER TABLE xf_forum
ADD require_prefix TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ADD allowed_watch_notifications VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'all',
ADD default_sort_order VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'last_post_date',
ADD default_sort_direction VARCHAR(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'desc'
get this error

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'require_prefix'

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
get same Error

but on run

get this error

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'require_prefix'
That column must have been previously created by an addon in 1.1.x. You need to deal with this before upgrading (probably by uninstalling the addon).

TsinJu

Had something similiar with RC2
Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:
  • Column xf_forum.allowed_watch_notifications missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_order missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_direction missing.
This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.
If i just knew what addon this caused Oo

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Judging by the column names it is something to do with watching forums and sorting the threads within them.