Can't reply in some threads.

ashkir

So sometimes some threads have issues that nobody can reply to. Nothing that uses jquery works. At all. the alerts don't drop down. The loading thing shows up and disappears nothing happens. The skin switcher button won't work.

This has been happening more and more over the past few weeks. And it is becoming annoying. It's only happening in Chrome and Firefox latest version and we're getting hundreds of reports of this and there was no software upgrade for XenForo or any mods installed in the past month.

Has anyone had this issue? How the heck do you fix this?

Not sure if it's related but I've also had reports of the uploader not working at times (with Chrome). The other day I had it happen to myself. Clicking on the upload button/link did nothing. Even a page refresh didn't fix it, had to close all the browser windows and reopen it to get it to work.

So sometimes some threads have issues that nobody can reply to. Nothing that uses jquery works. At all. the alerts don't drop down. The loading thing shows up and disappears nothing happens. The skin switcher button won't work.

This has been happening more and more over the past few weeks. And it is becoming annoying. It's only happening in Chrome and Firefox latest version and we're getting hundreds of reports of this and there was no software upgrade for XenForo or any mods installed in the past month.

Has anyone had this issue? How the heck do you fix this?

We receive the same complaints. However in our case this issue happens mostly with Internet Explorer users.

Since no one of our own people could ever reproduce it until now, we also have no fix for it, not even a hint for a reason.

It seems to be jquery related and hitting F5 (reload) repeatedly helps most people to get over it.

Yeah, HWS that helps repeatedly for some reason. But, for some reason erasing cache doesn't help.

We're also experiencing a lot of bugs where people say the enter button isn't working. :/

Console logs seem to turn up fine.

http://rpg-directory.com/threads/report-errors-here.41277/page-12#post-508714

Here's more reports about it. It's an annoying bug. The only fix we found is not erasing browser cache. Is completely erasing the entire browser, everything with it. All settings, everything beyond the cache, on the computer. That fixes it somehow. Not erasing cache. Not a hard refresh.

The bug is starting to show up a lot in Google Chrome now.

It's becoming extremely annoying. And I see this being reported on a handful of xenforo forums now.

Not sure if it's related but I've also had reports of the uploader not working at times (with Chrome).
Probably a Flash issue.

It's becoming extremely annoying. And I see this being reported on a handful of xenforo forums now.
Can you reproduce it yourself ?
If not, this is going to be very very hard to figure out.

You've also pointed out a hodge podge mashup of different problems.
You might get further by getting more detail from one user.

No Flash issue.
Most likely a jQuery issue.

We also receive more and more reports about it. But no one of our team could reproduce it until now.

Looks like ragtek is no longer a member :(

--

Okay so anyways we have tried disabling all addons. It didn't work. So, I'm wondering. Can this be a permissions error? We have a ton of forums and a hugggge database. And in the bugs forum there are confirmed loading bugs for large forums.

Yes. In Google Chrome. Only messes up on my laptop. Nothing else. Erasing cache doesn't help. But if reinstalled itw orks. It's really, really weird. Every other browser & pc is fine for me. Several of our members are reporting this too.

Abort pending field validation...
xenforo.js:291

1. POST http://rpg-directory.com/forums/advertising.497/add-thread
    jquery-1.5.2.min.js:16

We're getting that in JAvaScript consoles.

1Rt3s.png

Top Bottom