1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't purchase license via PayPal

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by psaad, Oct 10, 2012.

1. psaad

psaad New Member

Is anyone having a problem making payment for a license using paypal?

I tried with a canadian, american and european credit card and all 3 failed stating i have to use another credit card... there's obviously something wrong with their payment module, can't be that 3 different cards from different people are not working.

I wrote up 2 tickets in regards to this issue and is still awaiting for someone to get back to me.

I just want to buy the damn thing!
  2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Please give the contact form a try (if you haven't already) and one of the team should get in touch. (y)

Shaun :D
  3. psaad

psaad New Member

Hi Shaun,

I did contact them twice (once yesterday and once today), they asked for my email address to be used via paypal and i provided them with it yesterday, still no answer from anyone!

Do you know if there is a problem with the site ?
  4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

You just need to be a tad' patient, I am sure they will respond as soon as possible. :)
  5. derandechser

derandechser Member

Same problem here. Like to buy but nobody let me...
  6. psaad

psaad New Member

There's obviously a problem then.. its not just me... just hope they fix this asap... i really need to setup that forum!
  7. derandechser

derandechser Member

No, this is, after i tried a search, a known problem. To be patient seems to be the only way...
  8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Did you try the "Don't have a Paypal account" option. I was having the same problem and that was what worked for me.
  10. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

I tried that and wouldnt work for me... I been trying all day to do this.. Apparently they dont like VISA :(
  11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Weird... Visa is what I used. Am based in the U.S. and had absolutely no problem. :unsure: I purchased mine yesterday evening. Maybe I need to go buy a lottery ticket!
  12. BGL

BGL Well-Known Member

Only thing that worked for me was "upgrading" my PayPal account which required all kinds of personal financial info and took days for them to "approve" it and further days for them to approve of the XenForo purchase.

Shame on PayPal but more shame on XenForo for not having a simple credit card merchant account like the hot dog guy on the corner with the push cart.
  13. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Upgrade your paypal to what? I have a premier account... Is that what you are talking about?