XF 1.5 Can't login to admin

Daniel Mullaly

Hi there,

I installed this a few days ago, at first I could login to the admin panel for a short period of time, but eventually would get logged out automatically. Now I can't login at all and it just redirects back to the login page.

I'm currently on 1.5.10a.

Was originally running Nginx/HHVM, but the same happens on Nginx/PHP7.0

Thanks for your help

Do you have a load balancer or reverse proxy (such as CloudFlare) in place? If so, I suspect that PHP may be seeing the IP from that rather than the original client IP. If possible, you would generally want to sort this at the web server level as it will make the logs more useful there, but if that's not an option, it can be handled in XF's config.php file.

Do you have a load balancer or reverse proxy (such as CloudFlare) in place? If so, I suspect that PHP may be seeing the IP from that rather than the original client IP. If possible, you would generally want to sort this at the web server level as it will make the logs more useful there, but if that's not an option, it can be handled in XF's config.php file.
No there's no proxy in place. Traffic is going directly to NGINX.

Can you confirm that PHP is seeing your IP correctly in REMOTE_ADDR? (And that your IP isn't changing?)

Also, have you enabled session caching in your config.php file?

Top Bottom