XF 1.5 Can't login, -register to my site, but the database is up.

CabCon

Hello,
I have a really big problem. I can't login to my site, everyone can't login to my site. If I try to login, I type all information in (Informations are right) and after pressing sign up, I will come back to index.php without logged in or any kind of a error message. Also If I try to register (feel free to try it too) it won't work. I checked my database because I thought the problem is there but the database work sucessfull. I don't know now what I can do now. Or where the problem is. Do you know where the problem can be? Also did you have this problem before at someone else?

My broken website:
http://cabconmodding.com/

Thank you,
CabCon.

This isn't related to cookie settings.

I would guess it's more related to a reverse proxy being involved and the real IP not being exposed to XF as expected. Alternatively, it's possible that cookies aren't being passed through as expected. I can see Varnish references in the response and I have seen that before. Is Varnish something you've added or is it from your host?

This isn't related to cookie settings.

I would guess it's more related to a reverse proxy being involved and the real IP not being exposed to XF as expected. Alternatively, it's possible that cookies aren't being passed through as expected. I can see Varnish references in the response and I have seen that before. Is Varnish something you've added or is it from your host?
I didn't activate Varnish or something else, I didn't do anything. Yesterday all works fine, today I wake up and can't sign up. And I'm the only one with admin permissions so. I will contact now my hoster about the Varnish thing :D Any other idea how can I fix it?

It depends a bit what the issue is. If it's the IP thing, then it can be worked around easily. If cookies are not being passed to PHP or cached pages are being served, then your host would need to be involved.

If you can create a file called something like info.php (give it a slightly more random name) with:
Code:
<?php phpinfo();
in it and send me the URL (within your root XenForo directory), I can have a look.

It depends a bit what the issue is. If it's the IP thing, then it can be worked around easily. If cookies are not being passed to PHP or cached pages are being served, then your host would need to be involved.

If you can create a file called something like info.php (give it a slightly more random name) with:
Code:
<?php phpinfo();
in it and send me the URL (within your root XenForo directory), I can have a look.
Sure thank you:
<removed link>

Last edited by a moderator:

Code:
<?php phpinfo();
Also I wrote my hoster and Varnish is on always.

I meant to send that privately. I have removed the link though.

I can confirm that cookies aren't being received by PHP. Your host should be able to easily confirm that (visit your main page which will set a xf_session cookie) and load that info page. It won't be present in the response. If your host can't or won't resolve this, I could only recommend changing hosts. This is a big thing to break.

I meant to send that privately. I have removed the link though.

I can confirm that cookies aren't being received by PHP. Your host should be able to easily confirm that (visit your main page which will set a xf_session cookie) and load that info page. It won't be present in the response. If your host can't or won't resolve this, I could only recommend changing hosts. This is a big thing to break.
Ok thank you, how can the host fix this? Disable Varnish? Also why it work now for 3 months and now not... ? Is this normal?

I can't really comment as to what really caused this. It's most definitely not normal and would really have to be a change to trigger it.

I can't really comment as to what really caused this. It's most definitely not normal and would really have to be a change to trigger it.
I tried login again and again and one time this happends:

Irqmfvc.png

My default language of the site is english, my Admin account setted language is german. So the error comes from the german phase table.

We are experiencing a similar issue after upgrading Varnish 4.0 to 4.1 last week. For some reason, the admin panel aborts the ajax request login after 30 seconds.

Screenshot_2016-04-11_13-16-37.webp

Top Bottom