Can't Log in to Admin Page

Freshmeat

For the last few days I've had great trouble accessing the Admin panel of my website. When I go to the login screen and hit ENTER it processes a moment then kicks me back to the login screen. I was able to get in once this week (after the problem began) and used it fine for a minute or so, but not again since.

Could I be doing something wrong?

Have you, your hosts, or your server person implemented any sort of caching this week on the server, or in the XenForo config file? Such as APC, of memcached?

Finally got hold of my "IT" buddy who handles the coding and software stuff. He said our host MAY be switching us to a new server, which could cause this issue based on an "Admin.php" file not being found while we're in transition.

Does that make sense to anyone here? I'm fine giving it another day or so if needed... just wasn't able to reach my guy so figured I'd look into things myself.

That could explain things.

Wait until everything settles and then try again - but the thing about caching is still relevant. i.e. if the new host server has something like APC (or indeed doesn't and your old one did) and it is misconfigured then it can cause that exact issue with the login. But as you right say, it could be other issues, such as files being missing so yes - waiting for a little while is probably wise (y)

For the last few days...
Strange as it sounds, you're not trying to log in to ACP from an *iPad/iOS device are you?
I had several problems with this a few days ago. Note: Nothing had moved on the server, so that rules that out.

^ *If so try clearing the Safari cache and trying again:
Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data > [Clear] then Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data [Remove]

It *might* not be that same issue, but hey thought I'd chuck it in here FWIW.
:)

Strange as it sounds, you're not trying to log in to ACP from an *iPad/iOS device are you?
I had several problems with this a few days ago. Note: Nothing had moved on the server, so that rules that out.

^ *If so try clearing the Safari cache and trying again:
Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data > [Clear] then Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data [Remove]

It *might* not be that same issue, but hey thought I'd chuck it in here FWIW.
:)
Okay- I've been having the problem since I started this thread, but I've been too busy to deal with it. The issue has been isolated to my iPhone on iOS. I went through the process you suggested and have been able to log in several times without issue so far. In the least, it appears to have helped. Thank you for the help!

Please enter your forum name (Freshmeat) on this page:

http://xenforo.com/customers/forum-users

That way we know you are licensed.
Didn't realize I needed to do that- I apologize for any trouble. It's done, now, obviously.

I'm back to square one. I'm on the go 90% of the time I'm not sleeping so not being able to access my admin panel from my iPhone is seriously becoming a pain in the rear.

I cleared the Internet stuff as suggested and it worked for a while, but started bouncing me back to log-in within a few days. Now I'm on an iPhone 5 and I've only been able to log in once since I bought the phone about two weeks ago.

Clearing the Internet content only takes a few seconds but I have numerous forums I frequent and it deletes all the info for all of them when I do it, so I'm curious if there's anything else I can do.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

It clears your sessions
no, you'll both be fine
I'm lost on how clearing the sessions will fix my phone connection when it's ONLY my phone having problems. Any computer I use logs in with zero issue, including computers I've never used before. I'm down to try it, but that seems like it would be a patch rather than a solution.

Thanks for the link. I'll look through it, but that seems to be all revolving around sessions not remaining active, while my issue is that I can't log in at all. I'll check it over in more detail this weekend to see if there's something that may help me.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'm simply lost on what's going on and it's really getting under my skin.

It may be irrelevant (or too old) but I had the same problem today, after a RAID fail and a emergency disk swap.

The problem was solved restarting memcached, after that I could login in admin panel again. I have nginx/apache/varnish/memcached in a somewhat complex setup.

Top Bottom