XF 2.0 Can't install XF 2

Jean-Baptiste

Hello,

I am trying to install XF 2 on a cPanel Centos 7 PHP 7 MySQL 5 server.
XF 1 is running fine on the same server.

I tried multiple times, and it always failed :
Code:
Deleting existing tables... Done.
Creating tables...
 184/184 [============================] 100%
Done.
Creating default data...
 23/23 [============================] 100%
Done. Importing data...

Importing... Add-on data (Phrases)
Importing... Add-on data (Phrases: 911/5158)
Importing... Add-on data (Phrases: 1970/5158)
Importing... Add-on data (Phrases: 2954/5158)
Importing... Add-on data (Phrases: 3875/5158)
Importing... Add-on data (Templates)
Importing... Add-on data (Templates: 181/917)

Master data rebuilt successfully. Time taken to import and rebuild: 58.14s
Done. Apply installation configuration...

All finished. Installation has been completed.
The process exit successfully, but templates are not compiled to 100%.

For info, I have the following warning in error_log :
Code:
[13-Aug-2017 13:06:03 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_mysql: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20100525
PHP    compiled with module API=20151012
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0

data and internal_data folders are chmod 777.

The problem persist after recompiling master data.

Thanks you for your help.

Strictly speaking, not really a bug, considering the number of XF2 installs now which have been successful.

I’m not certain that those warnings are related but they would be worth looking into.

Which version of PHP is being reported if you run the php -v command? (It may not be the same as your web server PHP module).

I would also check that the chmod value is recursive as it needs to apply to all existing and new directories and files created in the internal_data directory. This is where templates are compiled to and the installation effectively creates a number of copies so it’s important to ensure all of these new directories are created with the correct chmod value also.

Strictly speaking, not really a bug, considering the number of XF2 installs now which have been successful.

I’m not certain that those warnings are related but they would be worth looking into.

Which version of PHP is being reported if you run the php -v command? (It may not be the same as your web server PHP module).

I would also check that the chmod value is recursive as it needs to apply to all existing and new directories and files created in the internal_data directory. This is where templates are compiled to and the installation effectively creates a number of copies so it’s important to ensure all of these new directories are created with the correct chmod value also.

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I uploaded the requirement PHP script, and runned it both in CLI and in the browser, it's looks fine :

<div class="p-body-content">
<div class="blockMessage blockMessage--success">
<strong>Requirements met</strong>
<div>Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.</div>
</div>
<div class="blockMessage">
XenForo also requires MySQL 5.5 or newer. Please manually check that you meet this requirement.
</div>

The CHMOD was recursive too.

Thanks for your help.

Which version of PHP is being reported if you run the php -v command?

I'd still look to resolve those warnings to rule those out being any sort of issue.

Your PDO MySQL Extension seems to be incomptible with PHP core and should be either disabled or updated.

What errors do you get when you access the base url after the installation has finished?

Top Bottom