XF 2.2 Can't find registered username in "analyze permissions"

GW2

I have a “Registered” user that I am trying to add to the “Moderating” group. The username appears in the “List of users” and appears when I do a “Search for users”. However, when I use “Analyze permissions” that username does not appear. Also when I try to add the user to the Moderating group, the username does not appear.

I am not sure if this is permission related or not. I thought it could perhaps be a cache issue, however I rebuilt the User cache and User group promotions cache, but the problem still persists. Suggestions please.

I'll state the question another way...

Why would a registered username not show up when I attempt to "analyze permissions" for that username?

Looks like a bug caused with code copypasting.
In "Analyze permissions", XF uses admin.php?users/find action for displaying users. This action when performing search user, calls XF\Finder\User::isValidUser(). This function adds a removing:
  1. Banned and non-valid members
  2. Too long inactive members (by default, 180 days)
Code from this controller is absolutely identically with index.php?members/find action (except view name).
You can just copypaste username into this field, analyze should work without any problems.

Reactions: GW2
Looks like a bug caused with code copypasting.
In "Analyze permissions", XF uses admin.php?users/find action for displaying users. This action when performing search user, calls XF\Finder\User::isValidUser(). This function adds a removing:
  1. Banned and non-valid members
  2. Too long inactive members (by default, 180 days)
Code from this controller is absolutely identically with index.php?members/find action (except view name).
You can just copypaste username into this field, analyze should work without any problems.
Thank you for that tip. I changed the default 180 days to 360 and the username I was looking for now appears in analyze permissions.

Is there somewhere in the ACP where the too long inactive member time can be changed? I don't see an "inactive members" user group.

Thank you for that tip. I changed the default 180 days to 360 and the username I was looking for now appears in analyze permissions.

Is there somewhere in the ACP where the too long inactive member time can be changed? I don't see an "inactive members" user group.

My free addon does this,

I am wondering what the reasoning is for the 180 day inactive member default?
And can it just be turned off (disabled)? ...which seems to be essentially what your add-on does if I understand it correctly.

The value is hard coded in the files by the XF devs. The addons override that value.

I am wondering what the reasoning is for the 180 day inactive member default?
The default avoids an issue on very large forums with hundreds of thousands of members, the username drop down becomes less precise and less useful if you search all usernames.

Reactions: GW2
Top Bottom