Not a bug Can't exclude category's threads from main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP1984

Category 1

Category 2

I have 2 categories on my website. Let's call them category 1 and category 2. They both have 4 forums in them. Category 1 even has a forum (number 3 in the example above) that has its own child forums as well.

I want every thread that is created in one of the forums directly and indirectly under category 1 to be displayed on my main forum (homepage). I do not want any threads from category 2 to be displayed on my main forum (homepage).

I read that you could do this by navigating to the node three, click all individual forums of category 2 and choose 'Forum Options' and untick 'Include threads from this forum when users click "New Posts"'. However, this doesn't work for me.

Another related problem is that the threads of the child-forum of the forum in category 1 (the ones I colored red) do not appear in my main forum.

Another unrelated problem is that for my announcements forum in category 1, I unticked 'Allow new messages to be posted in this forum', but when I try to make a new announcement in that forum, a blank screen appears stating: '_assertCanPostThreadInForum'. I'm logged in as the Super Moderator.

Please associate your forum account with your customer account and then post in the support forum and we can try to work through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom