1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does moving threads from an established forum affect SEO?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ennovations, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ennovations

ennovations New Member

Last week I launched a new forum in a niche that will require several nodes & categories in the future. Right now I'm keeping it simple & my node structure is:

Category A
    • Forum A1
    • Forum A2
    • Forum A3
    Category B
    1. Forum B1
    2. Forum B2
    3. Forum B3
    The thing is that each forum mentioned above can be split into sub-forums which is a MUST for me to keep my forum organized. After my forum is filled with a couple hundred thread I'd like to have each main category structured like this:

Category A
    Forum A1
    • Forum A1-1
    • Forum A1-2
    • Forum A1-3
    Forum A2
    • Forum A2-1
    • Forum A2-2
    • Forum A2-3
    So the ONLY question I'm worried about is that if after a couple of months I decide to launch subforums & move posts will it hurt my forum SEO wise?
    antonybarros likes this.
  2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

No, it shouldn't do, because the thread links don't include the forum name/ID - for example this thread's URL is:

It will remain the same even if the thread is moved to another forum/sub-forum. (y)

Shaun :D
    Learner and ennovations like this.
  3. ennovations

ennovations New Member

Got it. Thanks :)
    Also, as you just pointed out in the above example, whats that number 33754 doing at the end of the URL? Will it change if I move the threads?
  4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

That's the thread ID - it remains constant whether you move the thread or rename it. (y)
    antonybarros likes this.
  5. ennovations

ennovations New Member

Thanks again (y)
    antonybarros likes this.
  6. Learner

Learner Member

This is nice to know as I was also in the same boat. Thanks