Can't EDIT or DELETE my posts on Xenforo.com? Or what am I missing?

creativeforge

Hi, I'm trying to edit/update or delete one of my posts but can't see any option for it anymore. Has Xenforo removed this option? If not, where can I find it?

Thanks!

There are various time limits in place for editing and deleting.

After the time has expired, it is no longer possible.

Hmmm... so I have to duplicate my post if I need to update it, them. And leave the old one sitting there. Then someone may respond to either one: the erroneous one, and the relevant one. I don't understand how this helps the Xenforo forum, or us as members seeking to resolve issues. You're OK with the duplication of posts?

It would help if when there is nobody BUT the OP who wrote on their post after let's say 72 hours, the OP should still have the option to modify their post, or remove it. IMHO.

Or could I ask a moderator to do it for me?

Thanks!

We wouldn't expect you to create an entirely new thread when a thread already exists, so it's going to be a case of adding additional posts to the existing thread as necessary to add further detail or clarification.

I understand. But what do you suggest I do after posting a question and 7 days later not one person replied? I thought if I could just start over and present my problem in a simpler way, maybe that would encourage someone to reply.

I did contact the theme developer with my question but was told this was beyond their scope of knowledge, and suggested I ask here.

If you would like to try again use the "Report" button on the first post requesting deletion and we'll do that.

Maybe write down what you want to say and put it into a thread.
I'm not fussed about not being able to edit something.
I just use this forum for any faults or to add to my pets thread.

Top Bottom