Fixed Can't constrain search only to forum category

marquisite

Affected version
2.0.x, 2.1.0
When browsing a forum category, such as XenForo.com's Resource and add-on releases [2.x], it is not currently possible to restrict the quick search to only the current forum category or threads. Without doing an advanced search, the only possibility is a side-wide search.

I expected to see these options:
  • Everywhere
  • Threads
  • This category
Since this feels like an oversight, I wasn't sure whether to submit this as a bug or a suggestion. :)

@Bimble If you check out https://xenforo.com/community/forums/resource-and-add-on-archive.62/ , in this case you can choose "Threads" or "This forum" as a search constraint. Selecting "This forum" searches in the sub forums, too. :) The forum I linked to has only one thread and no positing permission, but the "Threads" / "This forum" constraints are still selectable. This is how quick search should work from a forum category, except it doesn't.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.1).

Change log:
Allow category_view template to have search constraints for "This category".
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom