Fixed Can't constrain search only to forum category

Affected version
2.0.x, 2.1.0

marquisite

When browsing a forum category, such as XenForo.com's Resource and add-on releases [2.x], it is not currently possible to restrict the quick search to only the current forum category or threads. Without doing an advanced search, the only possibility is a side-wide search.

I expected to see these options:
  • Everywhere
  • Threads
  • This category
Since this feels like an oversight, I wasn't sure whether to submit this as a bug or a suggestion. :)

marquisite

@Bimble If you check out https://xenforo.com/community/forums/resource-and-add-on-archive.62/ , in this case you can choose "Threads" or "This forum" as a search constraint. Selecting "This forum" searches in the sub forums, too. :) The forum I linked to has only one thread and no positing permission, but the "Threads" / "This forum" constraints are still selectable. This is how quick search should work from a forum category, except it doesn't.

XF Bug Bot

XenForo bug fixer bot
Staff member
Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.1).

Change log:
Allow category_view template to have search constraints for "This category".
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.