Can't buy license

NewUser1234

Hoping I can get some help with this. I'm attempting to purchase a license, and every time I try to pay through PayPal it it displays the following error:

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.

I have tried different browsers. I've tried different computers. I've tried four different credit cards (Visa, MC, and Amex). I've different email addresses and different physical billing addresses for different cards. Can't think of anything else to try.

I've also used the contact form (http://xenforo.com/contact/) to try to get help and have not gotten any reply (granted, only been about 5 hours). Couldn't find a phone number. Kinda frustrating.

Any ideas?

So this is the new Xenforo bashing thread... ah...

Customers trying to buy product and reporting a problem is "bashing"?

I would call it constructive criticism. A business can only hope that every customer who tries to buy and can't reports the problem vs. just walking away.

There's is no way that paypal takes three days to open an account, and I've never had to submit photo id.

The XenForo Paypal doesn't work as others have noted. Opening an account on PayPal, the suggestion from XenForo as the fix for the problem, using an Amex card prompted the request for the verification and a note that processing takes "up to three days". This is day two.

I'm sure when you run the world things will be different at PayPal.

Attachments

• PaypalID.webp
    PaypalID.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 30
The XenForo Paypal doesn't work as others have noted. Opening an account on PayPal, the suggestion from XenForo as the fix for the problem, using an Amex card prompted the request for the verification and a note that processing takes "up to three days". This is day two.

I'm sure when you run the world things will be different at PayPal.

Well that sucks for you. I've had two Paypal accounts for various things and I was using them in a much shorter amount of time than 3 days.

Four people, you say.
Hoping I can get some help with this. I'm attempting to purchase a license, and every time I try to pay through PayPal it it displays the following error:
I had the same error message yesterday when I attempted to make payment as a PayPal 'guest'.
I had this message on all of my cards the other day when I tried to renew so I could update.
I'd call it a XenForo issue as it just happened to me.

I also had a problem purchasing XF today. I tried 3 different cards. 2 were AMEX and one was Visa. I finally had to have another co-worker with a paypal account purchase it and that worked but only after paypal called his cell phone to verify the purchase was legit. It was quite frustrating and had me think twice about the software but I'm past that now, just thought you should know.

I'm no expert in how the PayPal API works, but just technically how are those issues experienced by you guys XenForo issues when all the transactions take place on PayPal's own servers?

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Wouldn't you agree that this message above was produced on PayPal's servers?

I'm no expert in how the PayPal API works, but just technically how are those issues experienced by you guys XenForo issues when all the transactions take place on PayPal's own servers?

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Wouldn't you agree that this message above was produced on PayPal's servers?
That's my point exactly.

Paypal users are an odd bunch.... They'll defend the service to the death.... Even when you show them hard facts that an issue is with paypal.

I've seen people defend paypal, just as much as some people would defend a religion. Kind of creepy.

Unrelated to XF, I know a game hoster which allows payments through paypal, and lately they had issues with it too (Paypal was the problem). Though there is a news in their forum saying that Paypal should be back to normal now. Just saying.

I have seen this issue with banks lately, as if you funds drop below the $50 mark, it will reject the purchase, even with instant transfer from Paypal. Although, some banks are set to $75. Banks had to make changes because governments are outlawing overdraft fees, so the bank are making adjustments to compensate. So when you tried to purchase XenForo, would you have less than $50 in your account?

I've also seen this issue with Paypal when you switch primary accounts. I think it has something to do with if you use a primary account to cover a purchase, but it doesn't have the funds to cover, then you switch primary accounts.

XenForo follows Paypal's API, and it is kinda hard to screw it up. The most logical explanation is it is either your bank account, or Paypal.

So when you tried to purchase XenForo, would you have less than $50 in your account?
When I tried to purchase XenForo I had no PayPal account and an Amex card with a long history and high purchase numbers from Concorde flights to Paris on New Year's Eve to America's Cup races in New Zealand. The problem dear Brutus was in our PayPal/Xenforo alignment of stars.
I've also seen this issue with Paypal when you switch primary accounts. I think it has something to do with if you use a primary account to cover a purchase, but it doesn't have the funds to cover, then you switch primary accounts
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what problem PayPal or XenForo had, from XenForo's perspective customers are unable to purchase XenForo's product due to PayPal and any business planning to stay in business better fix that problem yesterday.
The most logical explanation is it is either your bank account, or Paypal.
Most logical explanation is if you want to stay in business, you better take credit cards directly via a merchant account or you will, as we saw here, lose sales and future subscription revenue streams.

Wire transfers *are* the alternative... They could offer 5 alternatives, and people would still probably ask what the alternatives are.

Just out of curiosity, who would be unable to do a wire transfer? I don't even think you have to be an adult... a kid can walk into a bank and wire money if they wanted. All you need to do is go to a bank (doesn't even have to be your bank)... or a grocery store or many other places.

I think you should come up with DigitalPoint Bank. You could accept cash, PP, gold, etc and send a PP to XF for the customary fee

@BGL: Cool down a little bit. You can try to ignore all facts delivered to you why XenForo is not to blame here all you want and keep blaming XenForo, but even you should have realized at this point that the fault lies with PayPal.

Sure XenForo could offer more payment options but as declared PayPal is the only payment option XenForo offers at this time. If they lose potential customers because of PayPal issues, then so be it. Not everyone can offer every payment option available. Amazon doesn't offer payment via PayPal. As many people don't have credit cards, Amazon loses potential customers too. Your concerns have been heard. Continiously repeating yourself is a waste of your time.

When I tried to purchase XenForo I had no PayPal account and an Amex card with a long history and high purchase numbers from Concorde flights to Paris on New Year's Eve to America's Cup races in New Zealand. The problem dear Brutus was in our PayPal/Xenforo alignment of stars. ...
Wasn't the Concorde taken out of service about 10 years ago? :unsure:

Top Bottom