Can't beat Xenforo's on page SEO

Sadik B

I started SplendidPoint.com last month. I have done nothing for the site except set it up and informed few friends about it. I had imported another forum database in it and well just left it there as my time is usually devoted to my main high traffic site.

Today I was shocked to see my analytics page

XF.gif

Apparently a member started a thread titled "London Riots Reason". Google just ranked it on page 1 for those keywords and suddenly I have a thousand visitors in few hours whereas I was getting about 200 visitors everyday on this site and I still have 10 hours to go.

Obviously such news based traffic is only temporary and doesn't help the site from a community point of view but I am very surprised at Google ranking a thread above all the hundreds and thousands of news sites and articles mentioning the same topic. I reiterate what I have said before, Xenforo is cool software! :)

P.S. My apologies if the actual news story is a cause of hurt to folks here, my only intention was to highlight Xenforo's seo advantage I saw.

i had the same thing happen to me. there must have been a story on the news about the french female soccer team posing nude, because i was suddenly hit with applicable google traffic.
unfortunately i cannot exclude the day from GA, so the overview graph is pretty worthless now:

0090.webp

Top Bottom