1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't beat Xenforo's on page SEO

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sadik B, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I started SplendidPoint.com last month. I have done nothing for the site except set it up and informed few friends about it. I had imported another forum database in it and well just left it there as my time is usually devoted to my main high traffic site.

Today I was shocked to see my analytics page

Apparently a member started a thread titled "London Riots Reason". Google just ranked it on page 1 for those keywords and suddenly I have a thousand visitors in few hours whereas I was getting about 200 visitors everyday on this site and I still have 10 hours to go.

Obviously such news based traffic is only temporary and doesn't help the site from a community point of view but I am very surprised at Google ranking a thread above all the hundreds and thousands of news sites and articles mentioning the same topic. I reiterate what I have said before, Xenforo is cool software! :)

P.S. My apologies if the actual news story is a cause of hurt to folks here, my only intention was to highlight Xenforo's seo advantage I saw.
    Saeed likes this.
  2. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i had the same thing happen to me. there must have been a story on the news about the french female soccer team posing nude, because i was suddenly hit with applicable google traffic.
    unfortunately i cannot exclude the day from GA, so the overview graph is pretty worthless now:

Sadik B likes this.
  3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I had the same spike for MVC3 forum more than one time - but only with passive thread advertising.