XF 2.1 Cannot view attachments although analyze permissions say otherwise.

Mr Lucky

Members have told me they cannot view the image attachments in the first post of this thread:

Only I can see them.

I have analysed permissions for that forum and they should be able to see these images, not only registered but also me test guest users who has unregistered as primary

Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 10.38.01.webpScreenshot 2020-02-17 at 10.14.42.webp

The only usergroup that can see these images is adminstrative.

I put my normal test user (primary = registered) into administrative group as secondary (but not an actual admin) and he can now see the images.

But then the weird thing is when I reverted all administrative user group permissions to none, he can still see the images.

This has me really baffled can anyone help please?

Thanks, good thought but didn't work.

NB: other images in that forum are fine

As a guest, they're showing up as a broken image. That would tend to point to them being embedded as [IMG] tags rather than actual attachments. At a guess, they may be coming from another post in a private forum (or a deleted post).

OK Thanks that makes total sense. So they are an embedded image based on what was originally an attachment:

Code:
[IMG]https://cafesaxophone.com/attachments/kanee1-jpg.11610/[/IMG]

[IMG]https://cafesaxophone.com/attachments/kanee2-jpg.11611/[/IMG]

And yes the original is in a private forum.

However to rectify this I assumed I can go to edit the post in the private forumm, then paste the attachment into the public thread above, but after testing this

Code:
[ATTACH type="full" alt="kanee1.jpg"]11610[/ATTACH][ATTACH type="full" alt="kanee2.jpg"]11611[/ATTACH]

It just shows as a text link, not as the images. So should I be able to show the same attachments in more than one post? ie as actual attachment not embedded image as before? Thanks

It just shows as a text link, not as the images. So should I be able to show the same attachments in more than one post? ie as actual attachment not embedded image as before? Thanks
In short, no. We only display attachments that are attached to the post in question. In your example, the attachments belong to a post in a private forum, so we couldn't display those without violating the permissions from that forum.

You'd need to reattach the images to that post explicitly.

Many thanks MIke, I get that if the original actual attached image is in a post in a private forum - but if it was in the same forem (or one with same permissions) should you be able to reference that attachment in another post rather than having to reupload the image for every post you want to use it in.

In other words, we aren't talking a private forum any more, but shouldn't you be able to put this code in any post have it show the attachment image?

Code:
[ATTACH type="full" alt="kanee1.jpg"]11610[/ATTACH]

Or in that case the only options are

• Upload again
  • Copy image location for original post and embed (check the permission first)

Attachments in posts in public forums can be embedded in other posts using img tags.

The attach tags only work in the original post.

Top Bottom