XF 1.1 Cannot upload custom avatars after moving servers!

Jacoblab1

So a few days ago I moved my forum from a hostgator shared server onto my dedicated server. I copied the database and the site's folder. Everything on the site is fine, all users are there and posts.

The one problem I'm having is I cannot upload or set custom avatars. When I go to upload an avatar, I see the little loading bar thing, and when it's done, it says your avatar has been set. When I refresh the page, the avatar isn't changed. When a new user tries to set an avatar it just makes the avatar a missing image (http://woodpunchers.net/data/avatars/l/0/5.jpg?1367776472)
I know that the problem is not that the data directory is protected, because I've chmod 777'd it.
I also tried using the minecraft avatar plugin, but that won't work either.
I'd really like to not have to re-install xenforo and all my addons, so if anyone knows how I could fix this, please let me know! If you need any more info, just ask!

Yep, I chmod 777 the internal_data. Yeah I really don't know why it's doing this.
I would say, wait for an expert to respond here. But following are the few debugging steps:

See if it works fine on default theme
disable all plugins to see if that solves the issue.
Are you able to upload images in post ? if not it could be a server side issue.

Thats all I can think of right now.

It doesn't work on default theme and I tried disabling all plugins.

I'm not able to upload images in posts either, I get this message
The following error occurred

There was a problem uploading your file.

It's probably a lack of permissions in the subdirectories inside of data and internal_data. You need to recursively set permissions for those directories.

If you have shell access then try running these commands to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

chmod -R 777 internal_data

You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw errors with 777.

It's probably a lack of permissions in the subdirectories inside of data and internal_data. You need to recursively set permissions for those directories.

If you have shell access then try running these commands to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

chmod -R 777 internal_data

You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw errors with 777.

Running those commands fixed it! I didn't have the -R when I ran them so that might have been why. Thank you :)

Top Bottom