Cannot Setup 2 Step Login

Big Dan

Hi Guys,

I've been running XF 1.5 since beta 1 on Big Guy Lil World - Men's Health and Weight Loss Forum. I've tried to enable 2 Step Verification on my account a few times; Once it worked but then I had to use a backup code to regain access to my account as it wouldn't accept the code from Google Authenicator.

I figured maybe it was a beta issue so when I upgraded to gold today I tried again and cannot even get it to activate. I take a picture of the bar code with my phone and Authenicator shows me a code. I enter it on my website to confirm activation and get the error "The two-step verification value could not be confirmed. Please try again."

Where would I start troubleshooting? I'm thinking since it's time based maybe my server time is off? My server is set to UTC and the time is correct.

Thanks,
Dan

Yes, this is almost certainly down to the server time being incorrect. I would recommend looking at something like ntp to ensure it is correct.

Is these boards using a default style or custom?
Thanks Steve. I apologize for the delay in reply. Both sites are running a custom style but I tried the default style and still no luck.
Yes, this is almost certainly down to the server time being incorrect. I would recommend looking at something like ntp to ensure it is correct.
Thanks Mike. I purposely updated the time via WHM's update time feature. It's still running 2 minute's behind my desktop and cell phone's time. Is there a tutorial to out there to setup NTP?

Top Bottom