1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Cannot search for old posts

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by sonnb, Mar 22, 2013.

1. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

2. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

A few days ago I was searching for a tutorial by Kier and the same thing happened to me

3. smimosmile

smimosmile Member

I think this is related to the "Maximum Number of Search Results" in ACP Search Options which is by default 200.
    the description say:
    This number reflects the maximum number of search results that will be found, before permissions are taken into account. Setting this too high may cause performance problems.

4. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Yes it is. But how about "Show older messages"? It has a before param, it must return messages before this date which also meet maximum number limit.

smimosmile and Alluidh like this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've fixed this locally.

It only failed if it was limited to a particular content type.

Eagle, sonnb, luutruong and 1 other person like this.
  6. FabioCesar

FabioCesar Member

please release this fix as soon as possible, this research is very much needed in large forums

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Mike said this was fixed 3/22. The last release (1.1.4) was on 3/26. The fix should have been released. If you've upgraded and are still having problems, I suggest posting in the support forums.

8. FabioCesar

FabioCesar Member

I'm using elasticsearch and the problem still persists, if you use the system default search everything works perfectly.

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Works for me on my site and I use ES.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You'll wanna post in ES bug reports or support.