RM 1.1 Cannot install Resource Manager or any addons

Buga

I've tried for many hours now and am completely fed up. I've watched the youtube tutorials that are available; I have talked with my host; nothing appears wrong but none of these work.
I've tried over and over to upload and then install the Xenforo Resource Manager; no luck. Then same for XenPorta.
I've uploaded all correctly and into, for example, correct directories for XenPorta: the js contents into js folder; the library contents into library folder; the styles contents into styles folder. But then on trying to install addon, putting the correct file into the field: library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml then install, I get this: Error Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.
What the heck?? I"ve never had so much trouble with a piece of software. Some people suggest doing the uploads differently. Some say upload all contents of the upload folder straight into the root directory. Some say separately upload the js contents, the styles and the library contents.
Who is correct? Well I can tell you, none of these methods are working for me, and I'm wishing to heck I'd never heard of XenForo!! I"ve wasted a week and $200 on nothing! Can anyone give me sensible clear advice as to what might not be working here?

I've tried for many hours now and am completely fed up. I've watched the youtube tutorials that are available; I have talked with my host; nothing appears wrong but none of these work.
I've tried over and over to upload and then install the Xenforo Resource Manager; no luck. Then same for XenPorta.
I've uploaded all correctly and into, for example, correct directories for XenPorta: the js contents into js folder; the library contents into library folder; the styles contents into styles folder. But then on trying to install addon, putting the correct file into the field: library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml then install, I get this: Error Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.
What the heck?? I"ve never had so much trouble with a piece of software. Some people suggest doing the uploads differently. Some say upload all contents of the upload folder straight into the root directory. Some say separately upload the js contents, the styles and the library contents.
Who is correct? Well I can tell you, none of these methods are working for me, and I'm wishing to heck I'd never heard of XenForo!! I"ve wasted a week and $200 on nothing! Can anyone give me sensible clear advice as to what might not be working here?

Installing add ons with xenforo is very easy. Having a look at your post, it looks like either the mods folders are not uploaded properly and/or most likely in this case the path to the xml folder is not entered correctly.

Can you try the Install from uploaded file: option instead and see how it will go? (i.e. upload the xml file through the Browser button)

I did that several times over also, thank you though.

The other explanation would be that the add on 's folders were not uploaded correctly but from your description it looks like that they are.

Can you post a screenshot of the contents of your forum library folder btw?

And yes, it should be very easy. I've noticed some recommend uploading the entire contents of upload folder into root directory while others say to open each folder within and upload folders to corresponding folders in the root directory; either way none works for me. And my path is correctly typed in each install attempt. Nothing has been done incorrectly, that's the maddening thing. I do not think any of you can help me. Thanks for trying. This is not nice software, I am convinced of that.

Yes here is a screenshot of the folders after uploading the XenPorta addon for example. Then my path to install was library/XenResource/addon-XenResource.xml

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 10.40.48 pm.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 10.40.48 pm.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 10
Yes here is a screenshot of the folders after uploading the XenPorta addon for example. Then my path to install was library/XenResource/addon-XenResource.xml

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 10.40.48 pm.webp

It looks like you are uploading the mod folders in the wrong location. You are uploading them outside the /public_html/ folder.

Top Bottom