Fixed Cannot inline moderate deleted media

rfc0001

Affected version
Repro:
  1. Click checkbox on deleted Media item
Expected Result:
  • Checkbox is selected so you can inline moderate the deleted item (e.g. to permanently delete, undelete, etc.)
Actual Result:
  • The checkbox is disabled (or there is an overlay preventing you from clicking on it), resulting in clicking on the checkbox having the same effect as clicking on the item itself (navigates to item).
This is very unproductive when you need to batch permanently delete a bunch of deleted items. and have to navigate to each one to delete (turns a 1 click step to select it into a 4 click step to click on it, click ..., click Delete, confirm Delete - per item).

This is very unproductive when you need to batch permanently delete a bunch of deleted items. and have to navigate to each one to delete (turns a 1 click step to select it into a 4 click step to click on it, click ..., click Delete, confirm Delete - per item).
FWIW you would never need to do this.

The checkbox icon there brings up the inline moderation action bar which you can then click "Select all" on. Then, presumably, you'd have been able to uncheck any visible items you didn't intend to delete (if any).

Though likely even easier than that is to use "Batch update media" in the Admin CP. You can find all deleted items and permanently delete them in a few clicks.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XFMG release (2.0.6).

Change log:
Increase the z-index of the inline mod checkbox slightly so it isn't obscured by the media state overlay.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

FWIW you would never need to do this.

View attachment 190739

The checkbox icon there brings up the inline moderation action bar which you can then click "Select all" on. Then, presumably, you'd have been able to uncheck any visible items you didn't intend to delete (if any).

Though likely even easier than that is to use "Batch update media" in the Admin CP. You can find all deleted items and permanently delete them in a few clicks.
Since I was selecting deleted items (which would be the vast minority on the page), clicking select all then unselecting those I did not want to permanently delete would be equally unproductive as my workaround of ctrl clicking them and deleting them individually.

I did not consider the ACP solution. Thanks for the suggestion đź‘Ť.

Top Bottom