1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 cannot connect to host; error = php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by MrFreeze, Jul 1, 2015.

1. MrFreeze

MrFreeze Member

In XF error log, I find many of these items. Why?

cannot connect to host; error = php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname (errno = 0 )

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It seems to imply that the POP3 hostname you entered for bounced email handling is incorrect/invalid.

3. jflory7

jflory7 Active Member

I came to make the same thread, I am confused about what this stacktrace means? Seems to be the same issue, and I have a large list of the same error happening over and over. This happening to me on an xF 1.3 forum, not sure if it's bounced email option?

Server Error Log
    Error Info
    Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to tcp://www.gravatar.com:80. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 7 minutes ago

Stack Trace
    #0 /var/www/tipforums.com/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('www.gravatar.co...', 80, false)
    #1 /var/www/tipforums.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(457): Zend_Http_Client->request('HEAD')
    #2 /var/www/tipforums.com/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(219): XenForo_Model_Avatar::gravatarExists('kutskova76@mail...')
    #3 /var/www/tipforums.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
    #4 /var/www/tipforums.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #5 /var/www/tipforums.com/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #6 {main}

Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(38) "http://tipforums.com/register/register"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(15) {
    ["username"] => string(11) "Raymondsods"
    ["email"] => string(18) "*********@mail.ru"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "8"
    ["dob_day"] => string(1) "7"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1975"
    ["gender"] => string(0) ""
    ["timezone"] => string(14) "America/Denver"
    ["captcha_question_answer"] => string(0) ""
    ["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "9f58a319738279424805fa22989e5bfe1cef37c3"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["submit"] => string(7) "Sign up"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "e520af2406587cc0211869c73e9fc34d"
    }
    }

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a DNS issue, but your issue is happening with Gravatar. You would need to contact your host. It may be an issue relating to IPv4 vs IPv6 settings, for example.