Candybar Heaven Gaming Community

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 2163
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 2163

Don't be fooled: despite the soft outward appearance, this tiny gaming community (around in a wispy form since 2004, solidified in 2006) has a tough center.

We like to make fun as much as we like to play games, which admittedly doesn't seem to be all that much these days ;) -- but we're planning on running our own server for BF3 and having a group or two (or three?) for Diablo 3. We might even get into Guild Wars 2... you never know.

OK, ok, ok, sorry, I'll get to the meat: www.candybarheaven.com (or cbhx.com for short)

Let me know what I can do to improve the site to make it more appealing. I'm really interested to know what peoples' thoughts are on what makes people come back to forums aside from the other members. We have a core group of diehards, but as the forum owner I'd like to pull in new people to join in on the fun we have (when we have it, that is!).

Any and all (constructive) criticism is welcome. GIVE NO QUARTER!

I love the name, and the customizations you have done to Erik's excellent skin.

Also digging the small forum line up, if I was a gamer it would definitely be a site I would look into more closely!

Just ventured into the postbit area. I'd personally not show the offline marker if the member is offline. I think, to keep the clutter down to a minimum have it show only when they are online?

Yeah, not too bad. Excuse the brief post, practically every forum is using the flexille and they basically all look the same. Good to see you put custom status icons, not many people do that.
I agree tons of forums are using Flexile. If I had the time to make a custom theme for my boards I definitely would, but Erik's theme has given me the base for what I wanted. Doing dark forum themes is a lot of work. I do plan on modifying the forum list and adding some gaming service integrations (Raptr, xbox.com, etc) once 1.1 is out.

Just ventured into the postbit area. I'd personally not show the offline marker if the member is offline. I think, to keep the clutter down to a minimum have it show only when they are online?
Ah yeah. Good idea. I'll look into modifying that. I added that modification rather hastily.

Thanks for the feedback thus far!

Top Bottom