Can you search messages?

Alvin63

I have zillions of messages and want to find the name of a member from some time ago with whom a particular topic was discussed with particular information. Is there any way of searching messages? Can't see anything.

Its unbelievable that simple things like this aren't core features and rely on good will of addon authors to create. Wasn't this a feature in vBulletin years ago? It's odd.

Its unbelievable that simple things like this aren't core features and rely on good will of addon authors to create. Wasn't this a feature in vBulletin years ago? It's odd.
It's probably because conversations are private. But it would help to be able to search your own conversations!

It's probably because conversations are private. But it would help to be able to search your own conversations!
I think that's the point haha. Totally understand you wouldn't be able to search other people's posts. If an addon author can make it happen then xf certainly could have 😁

I think he uses some plug ins, but a site that I am a member of has the ability to search conversations.

Screenshot messages.webp

Reactions: Xon
I texted the site owner I was talking about and he told me he thought it was from Search Improvements and Conversation improvements plug ins by Xon?

I added those to my site and now it also allows searches of that.

Top Bottom