Can you search by prefix?

indepth

Is there a way to search threads here by prefix (in the support forums)?

If not, why not? Seems beneficial.

The only prefix search you can do is by user, meaning you can search for all of a certain prefix by an individual. You can click a prefix in any forum to see all threads with that prefix that are in that forum/node. You can also use the filter menu to do the same, but again you will get results for that particular forum/node.

You can search by prefixes on the advanced search page for posts: https://xenforo.com/community/search/?type=post
I was thinking he just wanted to search by prefix only, not by keyword(s), but maybe I'm wrong.

@indepth
If you just want to sort by prefix in the support forum:

5Q0KpCf.jpg

Last edited:
In line with what Jeremy P was talking about, you might search support for the solution to a problem specific to XF2, or whatever version, like this (using "htaccess" as a random example):

Tsdffi5.jpg

In line with what Jeremy P was talking about, you might search support for the solution to a problem specific to XF2, or whatever version, like this (using "htaccess" as a random example):

Tsdffi5.jpg

Thanks guys, this is what I was looking for. In fact, I saw it, I just never realized the XF prefixes were below all the other options.

Top Bottom