Can we use the beautiful snow graphic in our sites?

Puntocom

Can we use the beautiful snow graphic in our sites? if the answer is yes, please can you give us the instructions to set it up?

Who has done it? it's great!

As for the graphic itself, I suspect you will have to use your own as this has been created by Shelley for XenForo.com.

Hopefully she'll do another similar one which the members can use.

Which means the forum is now running on beta 4 and another release is not too far away.
As soon as the latest release is made available, the version here on XenForo.com is increased and then the build is continually updated until it is once again released.

So this isn't quite the finished Beta 4 release yet.

Having a quick look at the code, it seems to be fairly simple:

You edit the navigation template to add a span near the bottom like so:
HTML:
</div>
<span class="helper"></span>
        </nav>
    </div>
</div>

Then you add the relevant css to EXTRA.css as follows:
HTML:
#navigation .helper {
background: transparent url(path_to_image) no-repeat;
display: block;
height: 30px;
left: -5px;
position: absolute;
top: -16px;
width: 250px;
}

I have no doubt this will be a popular change so once I have confirmed the code is correct, I will create a thread in the template modifications forum.

As for the graphic itself, I suspect you will have to use your own as this has been created by Shelley for XenForo.com.

Hopefully she'll do another similar one which the members can use.

Feel free to include the snow image Paul if your posting the code for others. :) Saves them time if they want a quick copy and paste.

Obviously, if anyone uses another image which differs from the dimensions in the code Paul posted above you'll need to make those changes in the navigation.css template.

Top Bottom