1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Warn Staff 1.2.0

Allow moderators and administrators to be warned.

1. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Xon submitted a new resource:

Can Warn Staff - Allow moderators and administrators to be warned.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. Lord Squishy

Lord Squishy Member

Do not want, am repeatedly warned for bad posting behavior on own forum. :(

3. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Cyb3r likes this.
  4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

5. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@Phife The prevent warning permissions should give you the functionality you wanted.

Phife likes this.
  6. Phife

Phife Member

@Xon - You've done a really great job with this plugin. Many thanks :love:

Xon likes this.
  7. kailew

kailew Member

I've an error:
    Code:
    Undefined index: global_permission_cache

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in SV/Helper/Permissions.php at line 21
        SV_Helper_Permissions::LoadPermissionsForUser() in SV/Helper/Permissions.php at line 43
        SV_Helper_Permissions::CheckGlobalPermission() in SV/CanWarnStaff/XenForo/Model/User.php at line 18
        SV_CanWarnStaff_XenForo_Model_User->canWarnUser() in XenForo/ReportHandler/User.php at line 51
        XenForo_ReportHandler_User->getVisibleReportsForUser() in XenForo/Model/Report.php at line 184
        XenForo_Model_Report->getVisibleReportsForUser() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Report.php at line 66
        XenForo_ControllerPublic_Report->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/portugalinks.de/xenforo/public_html/index.php at line 13

any ideas?

Kai

8. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@kailew Are you using the latest version? v1.1.1 was a patch for some errors very similar to that error message, but it is always possible I missed something.

9. kailew

kailew Member

@Xon I'm using 1.1.1, should be the latest ...?

10. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

11. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@kailew apologies, I had fixed this bug on github but had forgotten to upload the fixed version to XF.com's Resource Manager.

kailew likes this.
  12. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

13. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Xon updated Can Warn Staff with a new update entry:

Performance improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

We've run into a slight issue with this one where individuals who have turned conversations off are not receiving warnings. As soon as we turn off this addon, warnings are then sent normally as designed.

15. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

How do you mean "turned conversations off"?

This addon doesn't interact with conversations, it only touches if a user can Warn another user (and if a user profile can be reported)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  16. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Individuals can turn off conversations by unchecking the box.

conversations.png

Staff members are permitted to send conversations regardless of this setting.

With the addon turned on, it follows the permission of the user being warned, rather than the permissions set in the Moderating usergroup which is set to bypass user privacy (and yes, they're also allowed to warn content moderators).

In this case, the user was not part of the moderating usergroup, nor were they a content moderator. So the warning should have been sent to their inbox regardless of the user settings.

17. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

The XenForo Warning code doesn't even check those setting, it just creates the conversation with the user.

I just tested this on my test site with a user who only accepts PMs from people who they follow (with an empty follow list) and they still got the conversation. So I can't reproduce this.

Can you provide a list of addons which you have installed? It might be some wonky interaction with another addon.

18. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Turn off PMs and test please. If it still works then, we'll start looking at an addon conflict.

19. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I did.

conversation_options.png

I use this addon (and all the other addons I've published on XF.com) on SpaceBattles and Sufficient Velocity and haven't had an issue with it.

20. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

No, you didn't. Uncheck the Start Conversation box.