Can I use one license for more than one page?

CabCon

Hey xenforo-community,
I'm a leader of a forum website. Now I have created another site for a other topic so could I use my bought license there too? So that I'm finally useing my license on two website (booth created and administaited byme)? Is this allowed? Just want to know because I want have legit forms :D

Thank you and have a nice Day!

If you are already licensed, please log in to your Customer Area and go to the Forum Users page and add your forum username there.

To answer your question, no. As per the License Agreement:
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the payment by You of the applicable fee for the Software, XenForo Limited grants You a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software ("License") through a single installation.
Therefore another site would require another license.

I am sorry, but this is the one thing that just might keep me from purchasing the software. I am not going to spend 280 for the same software for two sites, plus have to purchase the add on features i would want more than once? Thanks, but no thanks. You guys might want to re-visit your license agreement.

I am sorry, but this is the one thing that just might keep me from purchasing the software. I am not going to spend 280 for the same software for two sites, plus have to purchase the add on features i would want more than once? Thanks, but no thanks. You guys might want to re-visit your license agreement.

Just wondering, is there a paid forum software you know of that allows you to run an unlimited amount instances for the cost of purchase?

Why should they revisit this? At $140 they are far cheaper than their competitors that still only allow one live site at a time per license. IP.Board is much more expensive and then you have to renew every 6 months to get updates and support where as here it's once a year. vBulletin is much more expensive and you have to purchase a new license for major point changes like from vB5 to vB6. XenForo's price for the quality of the software is actually underpriced.

Please point me at the paid forum script that allows you to have more than one public instance per license.
That's kind of like demanding that Microsoft allow you to install all the copies of MS Office on as many computers as you desire after only purchasing one license.

If you want to install multiple copies of the base script without having to pay for each one, then I suggest you try myBB, phpBB, SMF, NodeBB or Vanilla or some of the other ones out there.

You may honestly want to rethink your attitude of "something for nothing" though.

I guess what it boils down to is that I am just frustraited that paid software is mega expensive. I have been having a hell of a time with free software and the constant security issues and patch updates.

I will say, that Xenforo is one of the cheapest ones out there. I probably will eventually switch over to it. I am currently running mybb on my sites, and while it is decent software, I am having a tough time finding dependable plugin developers. That is the main reason why I am seriously considering purchasing software vs using the free ones out there.

I do apoligize for my earlier comment. I just realized how naiive and stupid it made me sound. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to purchase Xenforo and give it a try.

I guess what it boils down to is that I am just frustraited that paid software is mega expensive. I have been having a hell of a time with free software and the constant security issues and patch updates.

I will say, that Xenforo is one of the cheapest ones out there. I probably will eventually switch over to it. I am currently running mybb on my sites, and while it is decent software, I am having a tough time finding dependable plugin developers. That is the main reason why I am seriously considering purchasing software vs using the free ones out there.

I do apoligize for my earlier comment. I just realized how naiive and stupid it made me sound. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to purchase Xenforo and give it a try.

You won't regret it. I've used most of the paid ones out there such as vBulletin, IP.Board, and wBB and most of the free ones and nothing comes close to what xF offers.

This is good to know.

I do apologize for my awful, original post earlier this evening. I promise I am not usually that stupid/snippy.

Now, I have a question. I am running an rpg site. Mybb has a plugin called Account Switcher, that allows members to attach their sub accounts to a primary account and easily switch between them with a click of a button. Is there any such add on for Xenforo? Or could something like that be made?

I will say, that Xenforo is one of the cheapest ones out there
Hey, I have 2 sites on XenForo, 1 site on Burning Board and 1 site on IPS (now, you wanna talk expensive!) and 1 site on myBB.
Of all of them, I do have to admit I like XenForo the best. Burning Board is in second place - but it doesn't have the granularity of control on user permissions and other aspects that XenForo has.

I do apologize for my awful, original post earlier this evening. I promise I am not usually that stupid/snippy.
It happens.
Now, I have a question. I am running an rpg site. Mybb has a plugin called Account Switcher, that allows members to attach their sub accounts to a primary account and easily switch between them with a click of a button. Is there any such add on for Xenforo? Or could something like that be made?
I do believe at one time @The Dark Wizard was running a site that used a feature similar to this but don't remember for sure.
I know that RPNation is running XenForo so that can give you an idea of what is possible. There was an add-on that allowed you to use different names - but I didn't pay much attention to it and can't find it now. I think SuperHeroes Zone was also using something similar.

I guess what it boils down to is that I am just frustraited that paid software is mega expensive.
While XF is one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) solution in paid forum market, I do agree that for people who doesn't run a forum that returns money, it is little expensive (and so does all other paid software). Being a forum enthusiast for many years (literally from school), with at least 15 forums' setup (one of them I coded myself in PHP), and scoring the maximum success of gaining 10 users and around 100 posts (90% of them was mine), I know how hard the decision was when I first decided to spend money for paid forum sw (XF).

However, I can tell you, once the purchase was made, it has been a wonderful experience, whole thing becomes more fun (as much fun that I decided to buy a second license within a year or so, though I am still to hit 100 user cumulatively in all my forums :P).

So, I can tell you, if you can organize money, most probably you won't regret it. If it's too tough right now, just wait, your turn will come :).

Hey, I have 2 sites on XenForo, 1 site on Burning Board and 1 site on IPS (now, you wanna talk expensive!) and 1 site on myBB.
Of all of them, I do have to admit I like XenForo the best. Burning Board is in second place - but it doesn't have the granularity of control on user permissions and other aspects that XenForo has.

It happens.

I do believe at one time @The Dark Wizard was running a site that used a feature similar to this but don't remember for sure.
I know that RPNation is running XenForo so that can give you an idea of what is possible. There was an add-on that allowed you to use different names - but I didn't pay much attention to it and can't find it now. I think SuperHeroes Zone was also using something similar.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-sub-accounts.4832/

Thanks! I actually found a sub-accounts add on that is exactly what I need. It seems as if Xenforo is going to be the software I windup using. It will just take some time. One thing is for sure though, I am going to need help with installation, so will have to purchase the installation package i think.

Thanks! I actually found a sub-accounts add on that is exactly what I need. It seems as if Xenforo is going to be the software I windup using. It will just take some time. One thing is for sure though, I am going to need help with installation, so will have to purchase the installation package i think.
You should be able to do it yourself. The hardest part is creating the DB and if you are using cPanel that is very easy. The rest is just copy files into the directory and running the install and answering VERY easy questions.

I managed to create a backup of my forum right on Mybb. I was able to download it as a zip. I do still want to create a backup of my cpanel just in case. Does xenforo allow split purchasing? Like say if I wanted to pay part with paypal and part with a credit card?

Top Bottom