1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Can I stop a new user posting links?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Brendan Burgess, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Under vBulletin we had an add-on which stopped new users posting links. This deterred a lot of spammers.

We don't have that in xenForo and we are spending a lot of time deleting spam posts from new users. ( A lot more newly registered users are put into the moderation queue so the problem could be much worse.)

We have set a long time between posts for new users, so they only get to post once, but we are getting a few every day and it's very time consuming deleting them.

Brendan

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It would require an add-on, if one exists.

3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

4. Thanks Clickfinity

I bought that full suite of anti-spam measures and it is working brilliantly. It's one of those pieces of software, where I am annoyed at myself that I did not get it ages ago. I have wasted so much time manually dealing with these time wasters.

Brendan

thumped and CyclingTribe like this.
  5. Actually, it's working too brilliantly. No one has been able to register since I installed it.

When they try to register, they get the following error message when they put anything in the password box

The field '53dac53bcf058071683f83b2e5fe40c7' was not recognised.

I asked about it on the Surrey Forums, but there has been no answer. In fact, only two people have viewed my question, so it looks as if this add-on is no longer appropriate.

http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/thread...8071683f83b2e5fe40c7-was-not-recognised.3549/

Brendan

6. Nuno

Nuno Active Member

Which one?