XF 1.4 Can I stop a new user posting links?

Under vBulletin we had an add-on which stopped new users posting links. This deterred a lot of spammers.

We don't have that in xenForo and we are spending a lot of time deleting spam posts from new users. ( A lot more newly registered users are put into the moderation queue so the problem could be much worse.)

We have set a long time between posts for new users, so they only get to post once, but we are getting a few every day and it's very time consuming deleting them.

Brendan

Thanks Clickfinity

I bought that full suite of anti-spam measures and it is working brilliantly. It's one of those pieces of software, where I am annoyed at myself that I did not get it ages ago. I have wasted so much time manually dealing with these time wasters.

Brendan

Actually, it's working too brilliantly. No one has been able to register since I installed it.

When they try to register, they get the following error message when they put anything in the password box

The field '53dac53bcf058071683f83b2e5fe40c7' was not recognised.

I asked about it on the Surrey Forums, but there has been no answer. In fact, only two people have viewed my question, so it looks as if this add-on is no longer appropriate.

http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/thread...8071683f83b2e5fe40c7-was-not-recognised.3549/

Brendan

Top Bottom