Can I run this on a SATA Raid 1?

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi guys!

Can I run a XF forum with 10,000 daily pageviews on a sata drive in raid one? Anyone have any experience with doing so? I am moving off some SSD servers and the word SATA makes me nervous. I am guessing its gonna be a yes.

The type of drive you use has absolutely no impact on a php script. You could run it on a floppy disk if there was one big enough.

When you say SATA though it means next to nothing.

As @rainmotorsports said, A SATA drive could be anything from an SSD to a slow 5200 RPM 30 GB, 10 year old hard drive.

I presume you meant a SATA drive at the standard 7200 RPM. In which case, that's fine. Lots of servers are moving over to SSD's though as they are generally a lot faster. Not a massively noticeable thing though and certainly not worth paying a premium for.

The type of drive you use has absolutely no impact on a php script. You could run it on a floppy disk if there was one big enough.

I wouldn't go that far. The impact on a database server can be pretty taxing. Take a 7 million post board and throw 30,000 users online in the last 15 minutes the random performance will go straight to hell on a decent mechanical.

10,000 views in a day though nothing to worry about if you asked me. I am no expert.

Top Bottom