Can I not require an email address?

steven s

We are using a single sign on mod using another database.
Not everyone who registers has an email address so I get this error when a new user is created.

xxx Forum - Error
Please enter a valid email.

Is there a setting so email address is not required?
With this mod there is no need to verify email addresses if one existed.

No, there's no setting for this, because the mail adress is needed for several xf features (e-mail notification on conversation start / reply, password forgotten feature, new thread reply, spam cleaner notify ....)

Don't know how your SSO is working, but you could/should import "all necessary" data from the other database to the xf user database

You could customize your code to have their username-userid@example.com be populated automatically. Set mail notifications and site-mailings to be 'no' for these users.
Interesting workaround. Thanks.
No, there's no setting for this, because the mail adress is needed for several xf features (e-mail notification on conversation start / reply, password forgotten feature, new thread reply,....)

Don't know how your SSO is working, but you could/should import "all necessary" data from the other database to the xf user database
The SSO in testing is working fairly well. We are importing data, unfortunately an email address is not required.
I'm thinking of changing the error message for instructions to add an email address in the other database.

I was surprised that I am able to delete the email address once the user is created.
I'm surprised too:D
But it's working really.
THey're checking explicit in the datawriter, if it's a user edit from the acp, and if yes, allow empty e-mail addresses:D

PHP:
        if ($this->getOption(self::OPTION_ADMIN_EDIT) && $email === '')
        {
            return true;
        }

Top Bottom