Can I Have 2 Installs On The Same Domain In Different Folders?

PPC Coach

I own 2 licenses.

I have one install which is behind a membership site script and it's for paying members only.

It's in the "/forums" directory of my domain.

Can I install my 2nd license in a different directory on the same domain?

For example "/community".

One install, "/forums", is for members only who pay, it runs fine no issues.

The 2nd install would be a free forum open to anyone without having to pay.

Xenforo can have paid sections the general public cannot see.

You question is answered in the very first clause of the license agreement linked at the bottom of all the pages on Xenforo.com. :-)

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the payment by You of the applicable fee for the Software, XenForo Limited grants You a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software ("License") through a single installation. Each License may run one instance of the Software, accessible via one URL; any attempt to circumvent this limitation is prohibited and will result in the License being revoked. Automated checks may be used to verify your License, including but not limited to installations reporting their usage to Us."

Yeah it's the "via one url" part that got me confused.

I can't do what I want with paid and free on the same installation.

Xenforo can't handle the monthly subscription paid part with order bumps, upsells, downsells and an affiliate program which is why I had to mesh 3 different pieces of software together to get it to do what I want.

Maybe i'll just by another domain and host the free on on there.

You can install them both on the same domain, as long as they are in separate directories or sub domains.

So you could install one in the root at example.com and the other one at example.com/free, or free.example.com.

Top Bottom