Can I give a copy of Xenforo to someone for templating work?

bottiger

I have someone who tells me they will make a template for my forum.

I was wondering if it was safe to give them a copy of Xenforo for testing it.

Will it have my personal information on it so that if it leaks, then my license would be terminated?

3. Restrictions

This license is granted to You alone. You may not redistribute the Software in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of XenForo Limited.

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement

If you want someone to create a style for you then they must either use their own license, or use your installation to create the style.

I have someone who tells me they will make a template for my forum.

I was wondering if it was safe to give them a copy of Xenforo for testing it.

Will it have my personal information on it so that if it leaks, then my license would be terminated?
You'd be better off contacting someone who is familiar with XenForo anyways, as there is a lesser chance of shoddy work.

I can not imagine any circumstance in which file system access would be necessary to create a style. Giving them admin access to a private(password protected) install would probably be best. If they say they need it for images then give them a blank directory.

xF License Agreement said:
You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Top Bottom