XF 1.5 Can I embed a video file I uploaded through FTP in the same server?

As a clarification though, the Media Gallery would generally expect the video to be uploaded within it.

You may be able to make a custom media site type to match videos you've uploaded elsewhere, using the necessary markup for output a player for them. That would allow them to be embedded in posts (and the gallery).

Yes, it's possible with the relevant software or an add-on

I already have the media gallery, but I can only embed video hosted on youtube, Liveleak, metacafe, vimeo, dailymotiion and facebook. And that's all...

You may be able to make a custom media site type to match videos you've uploaded elsewhere, using the necessary markup for output a player for them

Can you explain more about that, please? I uploaded MP4 (fairly standard H.264 and AAC) through FTP to the very server.

The Video js add-on was developed at a time when browsers didn't support the Video tag very well. At this time I suggest using the Video v1.1 add-on.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/video.3560/

This looks like exactly the ticket. Plus Andy's addons are great and well supported.

But I think the ability to embed from should be in the xenforo core.

The word "embed" is there in the media gallery, only to frustrate you when you click on it and find it only means Youtube, Vimeo etc.

Top Bottom