Can I change max length of node titles?

At the very least you'd need to change the title field in the xf_node table as it's currently set to varchar(50).
And you would need too overwrite the datawriter, because there it's also limited to 50 chars
PHP:
	protected function _getFields()
	{
		return array(
			'xf_node' => array(
				'node_id'            => array('type' => self::TYPE_UINT, 'autoIncrement' => true),
				'title'              => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'required' => true, 'maxLength' => 50,

Question has already been answered.
Yeah Mike it has - problem its clunky, it requires a code change every time the forum is upgraded.

Surely this can be moved into a config-type file, 50 is too short to us as well (thanks to the 'Sponsored by') being added to the forum name.

The other option I guess is to find somewhere else to put the sponsored by text, but unless there is a good reason for it being 50, it would be nice to be able to change it once and then not have to edit the source every time there's an update.

My comment was in relation to some bickering posts that were removed. You can suggest that separately (may already have been suggested).

Top Bottom