XF 1.5 can i change a forum id

Ian S

i need change a id preferably in xf on vb the id is 138 on xf i manually added it as id already imported forums and this sub forum was added after in order to get the import to work i need it to be 138 and not 142 is the a way of changing it in the db

many thx as always

There is one way, that's pretty effective, if for some reason you can't just redirect it normally at the web server level:

Admin CP > Route Filters > Create New Route Filter

Find: forums/{name:string}.142/
Replace: forums/{name:string}.138/

There is one way, that's pretty effective, if for some reason you can't just redirect it normally at the web server level:

Admin CP > Route Filters > Create New Route Filter

Find: forums/{name:string}.142/
Replace: forums/{name:string}.138/

awesome buddy so if i created this before the import the 138s from vb would import to the xf 142 id??

The importer will not import any data into forums not created by the importer itself. If you need to do reorganization, you should complete the import and then reorganize as needed.

The importer will not import any data into forums not created by the importer itself. If you need to do reorganization, you should complete the import and then reorganize as needed.

ok, basically you lost me a bit there, basically i have a clean install db which already has the forums etc setup already, someone on the vb site wanted a sub forum which i setup and it has a 138 id, i manually created one in xf after it made the id 142, i new straight away this would not import i understand most of what you said but nothing imports to 142 i just checked so i need a way to get them to import really, i suppose the only other option is to create 4 new subforums in vb then move it to 142 which is a pain really

can I use route filters to redirect deleted merged forums to new ones?

example:

old forum/preamps-channel-strips.132

new forums/recording-live-or-studio.241

Top Bottom