XF 1.5 Can a user database for a site be copied to another site?

Spartan

... actually, I'm hoping I can merge the user database for my two sites to create a third, so users won't have to log in to the third site.

Is this doable?

If the site is running XenForo, you just need to do a XenForo to XenForo import. From the site you're importing into, go to Admin CP > Tools > Import External Data, select XenForo from the list and follow the on-screen prompts.

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as just merging stuff together, that's why there's an importer to do it properly. Some of the steps are optional, you don't need to run them all. There's also options related to merging users either automatically or manually when you import in a user who exists in both sites (based on username and email address).

If the site is running XenForo, you just need to do a XenForo to XenForo import. From the site you're importing into, go to Admin CP > Tools > Import External Data, select XenForo from the list and follow the on-screen prompts.

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as just merging stuff together, that's why there's an importer to do it properly. Some of the steps are optional, you don't need to run them all. There's also options related to merging users either automatically or manually when you import in a user who exists in both sites (based on username and email address).

Will the importer handle duplicate usernames?

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, you already answered my question.

Is the importer you refer to an addon, or is it part of the "Import External Data" feature you mention above?

last questions: I'll be merging users from two sites into the new site so users from these first two sites can go to the new site without having to long in.

Will new users on the first two site automatically be added to the new site? If not, could a cron job be set up on the new site to do so when the cron is run?

Will people be able to register for the new site independent of the merging of the other two donor sites?

Thanks, and sorry about the extra questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom