1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call-to-Action Button White Hightlight

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by |Jordan|, Aug 9, 2012.

1. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

How do i remove the white highlight of the Call-to-Action button?

Here's a screenshot of the button im working on:

[​IMG]

Its that white line along the top of the button. That white line actually exists in the default button too, but the fade to white toward the top of the default button makes it very hard to notice.

2. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

It is probably a border-top somewhere. Maybe box-shadow.

3. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

That doesnt work :( i even tried defining it disabled on all instances of the button and it never disabled it.

4. MagnusB

Are you using signup button? Have you tried changing the container background?

5. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

I got the signup button looking the way i need it to. This is for the buttons for post reply, etc.

6. MagnusB

It can be a bunch of things. It might as simple as a margin making some transparent stuff show the background color of html or similar.

7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Try the following in extra but bare in mind replace your image path with your image. You may need to add your other button classes also

Code:
    .quickReply .button, .quickReply .button:focus, .quickReply .button:focus {
        background: url("Path/to/your/custom/image.png") repeat-x scroll center top transparent !important;
        border-color: transparent !important;
    }

8. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

It didnt work :(

I fixed it though. I looked at the page source and found the section controlling buttons and noticed that the top border was defined. Then i went into the button section and i noticed that the top and bottom border's were set to white (its so hard to tell them from transparent).

Thanks for the help though ;)