California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do I put my 40 bucks into a license renewal, or just send a 2 liter of Southern Comfort?

This legal stuff is so confusing....

This is excellent news! Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer for an official statement about the future of the software.

nice,

i hope, that we now hear something from the boys. if yes, then i switch all my boards, in the next days, to xen.

sorry for my bad english

My comments below are pure speculation:

I'm not satisfied yet that this new information guarantees anything.
Do we know yet for sure if KAM still owns Xenforo?

So the only people that won were IB and the Lawyers...the lawyers get their money and IB won by:
- damaging XF's reputation
- deferring any XF development for nearly a year
- costing XF a bucket load of money in legal fees
- and slowing any income to XF due to licence holders waiting to renew their licence(s)

although the cost of lawyers to IB is probably put down to the cost of "buying" the above

To me it seems XF lost but note this is just opinion

So the only people that won were IB and the Lawyers...the lawyers get their money and IB won by:
- damaging XF's reputation
- deferring any XF development for nearly a year
- costing XF a bucket load of money in legal fees
- and slowing any income to XF due to licence holders waiting to renew their licence(s)

although the cost of lawyers to IB is probably put down to the cost of "buying" the above

To me it seems XF lost but note this is just opinion

The company doesn't settle unless they believe they can continue as a company forward.

Note, that is just opinion.

Isn't is just possible that the details of the settlement are not revealed in this document? Or is this the full story?

I'm waiting on the official word, but I'll just throw in my two cents:
  1. Xenforo is an incredible piece of software. I'm one satisfied customer in that regard.
  2. If they need funds before continuing development, not only will I pay my renewal fee early, I'd be all the willing to throw in a bit more skin with something like a Kickstarter campaign. KAM has been through a lot, and assuming the case ended so far as Xenforo ownership and sales in their favor, they deserve a real chance at fighting back with amazing software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom