California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that it's possible that would no longer be able to use Xenforo right?
In any such case I would imagine IB would not be getting my business or quite a few others. If I had no choice but to choose another software I would more than likely move to IPB. My time with vBulletin is over, it does not meet my needs any longer. I speak for no one but myself when I say that vBulletin 4 was the absolute biggest waste of my time and money.

How so? They going to come to my house, physically knock me down, and wipe my servers? I can do anything I want. IB has no power other than sending out a message telling people to cease and desist. :LOL:

Ever heard of a court order? All I'm saying is - dont count your chickens before they hatch...

Even if XenForo were found guilty, no legal impact would be incurred on the consumer for the negligence of the company. At most we're talking about an injunction which would probably shut XenForo down after all legal costs have been covered.

The most telling thing for me is that XenForo are actually fighting the case. You don't try to fight a legal case unless you have some reason to believe you can actually win it. Especially when you're a small company only starting out. To do so would mean huge financial burdens not only on the business itself, but on the owners personal lives as well.

Ever heard of a court order? All I'm saying is - dont count your chickens before they hatch...

A court order? Whats that going to do to me? The answer is nothing at all. IB does not have the money to litigate against everyone using Xen in the world. Court Orders to the general public are scare tactics with very little power attached to them, and even still that very little power is hardly ever used. Consider me completely unworried rofl

Not exactly something to laugh at.

I found the creative re-write of it rather amusing. And given how Shamil is a reseller host he probably had a daily backup to fix it within minutes once he spots it.

Probably makes me a horrible person and all that.

Xenforo loses.
(1) IB's goal is not to win, they don't really have a case. The goal is to squish a startup company. Especially because they know their vB4.x through vB5.x series is terrible.
(2) When I bought xenforo it was a legal product. I'll use my legal product as long as I want. There are enough Xenforo users out there (with plenty of skills) that if Xenforo ends tomorrow and never releases XF 1.2, so underground version of it will continue for *YEARS*, and I'll help fund that version.

Update: added vB5.x

There are enough Xenforo users out there (with plenty of skills) that if Xenforo ends tomorrow and never releases XF 1.2, so underground version of it will continue for *YEARS*, and I'll help fund that version.
people said the same about vB 3.x :(

What if the court / jury finds Xenforo, et al are guilty / liable of something? What will you say / do then?
You're baiting an argument IMHO, which is typical Joey posting style.

I suspected exactly what I thought from your question, as you continued your line of questioning, which is pushing towards an argumentative area of hypotheticals and "what if's," none of which anyone, including yourself Joey, can answer or pass judgement upon.

The court can implement any number of things as it is a civil case, however; you keep forgetting one very important aspect of this entire case... being the US does not have overall jurisdiction over a UK company, and any US judgement can only affect US sales at the end of the day. IB would have to take it into a UK court to go after the UK directors and their assets (Xenforo being one such asset)... a US court does not have that jurisdiction.

You may as well ask, "what will the weather be on the 3rd Sep, 2012?" That is as much a guess as what could come from your question, to be perfectly honest. You're a VB / IB lover, avid supporter, and here to post ridiculous, inflammatory statements only it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom