California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over. It's finally over. An anti-climatic conclusion perhaps but it's finally over. It's about time that this madness came to an end. Give me a positive answer on the future of xenForo and I'll finally buy three licenses & convert from IPS.

@K.A.M: Come down here to Las Vegas (NV/USA) and I'll throw you three one hell of a celebration party. My treat. Awesome drinks. Beautiful women. I'll throw you three a party unlike anything you've ever experienced. A once-in-a-lifetime event for sure.

i really hope we can get some word from KAM guys. Doesnt need to mention anything about the lawsuit but if they just say, we are continuing developing and have x version planned in x timeframe

but in anyway i would be ordering 5 license to support these wonderful guys for not giving up on the forum platform and the community here for so many years now

Pics or it never happened!

waiting-for-jake.jpg

A settlement can be anything. There need not be wound licking. We don't know yet.

More waiting is required.

Exactly. A settlement can be both good or bad or both. Depending who is on the winning side, if there is one.

A few examples:

1. IB realizes it may not have stood a chance in court or that it could have been damaging. So Xenforo and IB settle and Xenoro can start moving back forward and so can IB. IB may have to pay damages or other fees (such as lawyer) to Xenforo.

2. Xenforo concedes defeat. Be it for financial reasons or reasons that would have been damaging to them if they went to trial. IB wins. Xenforo is effectively dead and development has ceased. (It doesn't mean IB necessarily gets Xenforo, just that Xenforo can no longer move forward.)

These are just a few examples. A settlement doesn't mean Xenforo won. Nor does it mean they have lost. We won't know until something more is said to help clarify things.

It's good to be optimistic. But also be realistic and understand that the settlement could have gone just as much in Xenforos favor as against it. Since none of us know the full story and don't know all of the evidence, lack of evidence, etc..... it's nothing more than hypothetical assumptions at this point. Some have tried to build a castle off a grain of sand.

Good news that the lawsuit is finally over. Will be an interesting read if the settlement agreement is public domain.

Now KAM just have to repair the damage they did to their customers of past and earn back my trust before I pay any renewal fees.
While I don't feel they broke trust so much, they do have a lot to fix before things are back to normal.

Good news that the lawsuit is finally over. Will be an interesting read if the settlement agreement is public domain.

Now KAM just have to repair the damage they did to their customers of past and earn back my trust before I pay any renewal fees.

I think personally they need to extend people's licenses for free since there was 0 development.

I have no interest in getting extended support time. I'm happy to renew my licences once I know things are going to start moving forward again. As Shelley said, the amount of resources that people have released, regardless of the question hanging over the head of XenForo, has ensured that having and using a XenForo licence has continued to be beneficial and worthwhile.

Like everyone else, I'd love to know what the settlement details are, but we just have to wait and be patient for a little longer - we'll either find out or we won't.

I wouldn't mind for IB to pay us damages for screwing us over on vBulletin and forcing litigation upon XenForo making us all hang in limbo :p :p :p :p :D :p

Likewise, not interested in "freebies" such as extended/free licences to win back my trust. 12 months of complete communication failure needs to be fixed and quickly. An announcement needs to be made detailing the state of XenForo Limited and the 3 founders and their positions in the future development of XF the product, if any. That's a good start.

..........plus the community gave us as much as a free license and more with the free resources they provided to tide us over.

Well said.

Free license? The software works doesn't it? Any issues I've had have been resolved during this case so I can't understand people wanting a free license when the support and resources are here.

The thing I want to see is the software develop further now with the same people.

I dont agree with the idea of free/extended licenses. No need for it. XenForo is already the best value premium forum software out there. I'd argue that we're not paying enough for a license tbh. $140 is a pretty damn good price.

Dont start. If you dont know why there has been no communication then you shouldn't be posting here. It's well known that blabbing during legal trials can get you in a lot more trouble.
Okay, and now?

And the public domain PACER info that invaluable community members are forced to dig up and explain rather than management?

are you a shareholder? no? how about be a customer then and enjoy your product.
Where do I sign up?

Do I have to be to receive updates regarding a purchase of mine?

I was just saying how I feel, as many others have done. Just accept I'm another person who's wrong on the internet, that's okay too. I'm not going to try and change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom