California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's this little thing called a "power of attorney" ... it allows someone to give someone else full rights to act on their behalf in certain matters, including signing documents. In this case I would fully expect that the lawyers representing KAM would have power of attorney to sign the papers on their behalf.

Only if people are physically unable to make their own decisions. Doesnt apply in this case.

I know - and I think "with prejudice" is an indication that whoever filed the court case may have acted inappropriately...? and aren't allowed to refile the same courtcase again?

Not necessarily an admission of inappropriate action - merely that the matter is considered final and no further action can be brought against the defendants. Doesn't indicate who the settlement favours in any way.

With Prejudice is what you aim for in a settlement - it means it is all over.

Not necessarily an admission of inappropriate action - merely that the matter is considered final and no further action can be brought against the defendants. Doesn't indicate who the settlement favours in any way.

With Prejudice is what you aim for in a settlement - it means it is all over.
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.
But since the magistrate adviced 'plaintiff' to file the notice of dismal, that such would favor the plaintiff. hmmm...

Only if people are physically unable to make their own decisions. Doesnt apply in this case.

Wrong - power of attorney is regularly used for someone acting on someone else's behalf for when they can't be (or don't need to be) physically present.

I know this as fact, because I have signed a power of attorney for a lawyer to act on my behalf in court, which meant that I didn't need to be there in person.

The with Prejudice is good, I hope that means the UK lawsuit should also go away now.

Yes, I wouldn't see the point of them pursuing a UK lawsuit after settling the US lawsuit. I presume that dropping all outstanding lawsuits in all jurisdictions would have been part of the settlement agreement.

Thank you very much. Sometimes it is not easy to get facts here. ;-)
Now, this helps to shed some more light in the dark...
If it's difficult to get facts, stop asserting your opinion, rumour or speculation as fact. It's not helpful.

Beside renewing license options, I think Xenforo.com should offer a telephone counselling option just to talk about the stress.

DD: Hi Jake ... It's me DD. Is it OK if we talk ?
Jake: Yea. Sure ...
But didn't you just get off the phone ?
DD: Uh yeah I did but ...

Shocked they managed to reach a settlement. Would have thought IB would demand a share of XF profits or ownership of it, and that XF would have demanded their legal fees paid.

Wonder what the actual terms were. Sadly we'll never find out.

Time for a well earned holiday for KAM though I think! :)

Hopefully we'll hear soon what is going to happen with XenForo now? What exactly has been agreed, will XenForo still be here this time tomorrow, or in 3 days time or not? If it stays here, does IB now run the show?

Why doesn't KAM step forward and answer these questions, because they obviously know.

If it's difficult to get facts, stop asserting your opinion, rumour or speculation as fact. It's not helpful.

It was helpful. I got me a fact. Which helps to find the possible outcome. Unfortunately a bad outcome is more likely now. It is just fun to solve that puzzle. Nothing personal... Sorry, if I trigger some feelings of XF fans. Which I am too BTW (the software I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom