California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, but the harm of the daily business, which can make it impossible to cover costs for the law suit now, was caused mainly by internal reasons within the people at Xenforo.

The best strategy would have been to create and follow a good business plan, take investors to cover the costs of development and company growing, hire developers and business experts and continue trustworthy to develop that software and it's community. There would have been be a stable and strong source of income, a fast growing company and community with the best product in its market.

I that case Xenforo could have supported vBs plans to prolongate the law suite, it would have run beside the daily business for years until at some point vB would have seen no sense in continuing it and would have agreed to some kind of settlement.

But now....
(I am sorry to say it, but I personally expect Xenforo closing it's doors permanently before the trial even starts)
I disagree on both counts.

If XenForo remained active in development, Internet Brands (vBulletin) could use that development to further mend their argument that X, Y, and Z features where originally vBulletin features either in development or "scrubbed" from development, but still general ideas that were learned or otherwise discovered while employed by Internet Brands.

And I do not agree that XenForo will be closing. Not yesterday, not today, and not tomorrow.

I'll go as far as to boldly state that there are some people here who continue to suggest it because it is their agenda as Internet Brand Inc (or even IPB) employers to help place doubt here on this community, if not else where. It would be (it is) in their own self best interest.

Maybe they don't want to make a public commitment they don't feel absolutely sure right now they could keep because the future for them is unreal.

It is wise for them to not say (or do) anything until after the trial...their every move is scrutinized by the opposition. Any one slip-up is another advantage for IB. That is why the lawyers always tell clients never to say anything at all about the case. And since this software is the case, even their further development of it or public visibility is being micro-analyzed by IB's attorneys.

In short, I'm fine with the silence. Things will sort themselves in two months hopefully.

It is wise for them to not say (or do) anything until after the trial...their every move is scrutinized by the opposition. Any one slip-up is another advantage for IB. That is why the lawyers always tell clients never to say anything at all about the case. And since this software is the case, even their further development of it or public visibility is being micro-analyzed by IB's attorneys.

In short, I'm fine with the silence. Things will sort themselves in two months hopefully.
bingo.

In short, if you believe that the lawsuit is the only reason behind the issues/lack of respect for customers demonstrated by the directors of XenForo Ltd on these forums then I truly feel for you.

PACER Updates for: 11/14/2012

Docket Text #147 said:
NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION to Strike Sullivan's Answer and Enter Default Against Him Plaintiff's Notice of Motion and Motion for a Court Order Striking the Answer of Defendant Sullivan and Entering a Default Against Him filed by Plaintiff vBulletin Solutions, Inc.. (Attachments: # (1) Declaration of Russell Selmont, # (2) Exhibit A-C of Declaration of Russell Selmont, # (3) Proposed Order)(Fraioli, Patrick)

Documents in this pack:

#147 - Notice of Motion (11 Pages) [Date Set: December 17, 2012 / 10:00 AM]
#147-1 - Declaration of Russell Selmont (3 Pages)
#147-2 - Exhibits A-C (14 Pages)
#147-3 - Proposed Order (2 Pages)

[Requested to be merged.]

Attachments

If i was developing something and then there was a chance that someone may pull the rug from below me, I would really ahve second thoughts about continuing.

If I was in the position of the owners of xenforo i would plan for the worse and try to protect my future, developing xenforo would be the last thing on my mind.

why some on here expect the guys to be posting on here every day is beyond me. Anything written here could be used in court so the least posted for the better.

If the court case results in the better for xenforo then it should be full steam ahead for the developers, if still nothing happens then thats the time to start moaning.

Until then why not jsut wait and see what happens.

Honesty would you continue to put all your time into developing something that may end up worthless?.

I don't know why mods keeping locking threads around here, when there is barely anyone still around to even comment on the state of XF or the lawsuit.

It just reduces the incentive of anyone to check in, let alone participate, which leads to an increase in the downward spiral.

why some on here expect the guys to be posting on here every day is beyond me.
How about once a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom