California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, while it IS disheartning not seeing any updates, I can understand why there aren't any.
I can only assume the devs here, are now working other jobs, to cover their living expenses and no doubt, the legal fees too.
There's little point in doing work on a project if there's a "possibility" that all their work could be taken by Internet brands.

Good post except for the bit I put in bold which is wromg.
It has been explained repeatedly that XF is NOT going to be transferred to the other company.
IF the other company did produce evidence of wrongdoing the most that would happen is a fine to pay for XF. But as no evidence and no legally acceptable witnesses have been put forward by the other company, and their time to do so is about run out, that is vanishingly unlikely.

How about you post the correction then?

As far as i recall Jake/you said that the answers were ready and Ashley would be posting them shortly (a few days at most I think). It's been something like 3 months. The delay was meant to be due to family issues but I'm not sure what could possibly last that long.

I don't want to start another argument but its another of the lies we've been told.

Again I don't recall ever saying a time when they would be posted, nor reading something of Jake saying the same. If anything, a comment might have been posted that we were hopeful they would have been posted shortly (or words to that effect), but that was before exceptional circumstances intervened.

Anyway this is now way off topic, so if you want to continue this discussion drop me a PC.

It has been explained repeatedly that XF is NOT going to be transferred to the other company.
IF the other company did produce evidence of wrongdoing the most that would happen is a fine to pay for XF. But as no evidence and no legally acceptable witnesses have been put forward by the other company, and their time to do so is about run out, that is vanishingly unlikely.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that bit :)

Again I don't recall ever saying a time when they would be posted, nor reading something of Jake saying the same. If anything, a comment might have been posted that we were hopeful they would have been posted shortly (or words to that effect), but that was before exceptional circumstances intervened.

Anyway this is now way off topic, so if you want to continue this discussion drop me a PC.

Can I leave it by asking when we will get those answers? Or is that off the table now and if so why?

It is responses like this where we loose faith. You and Jake are the only ones that are interacting with the community. Where are KAM?

Can I leave it by asking when we will get those answers? Or is that off the table now and if so why?

I can't answer either of those questions. The circumstances which prevented them being posted are still there. With the lawsuit dates quickly approaching... I would like to say soon or shortly thereafter, but cannot promise anything.

To be honest though, customers or not, if a multi billion?/million? dollar company was dragging me to court in two countries, I'd want to go awol till it was over too, heh.

I don't believe we're being strung along, none of us (I don't think) knows what's going on and the best we can do, is just wait it out.

To be honest though, customers or not, if a multi billion?/million? dollar company was dragging me to court in two countries, I'd want to go awol till it was over too, heh.

I don't believe we're being strung along, none of us (I don't think) knows what's going on and the best we can do, is just wait it out.

I think what people are missing is that development was strong even during the lawsuit in the beginning for awhile. The notion that the lawsuit has rendered them useless from posting on XF is blasphemy. I don't know all the details and majority of it IS speculation but from what I've seen, and I have been here since almost day one something is seriously not right regarding the xenforo team.

I support the moderators... I help the community when I can... but something has happened since around January that has hindered xenforo severely.

If xenforo were to win, they could sure point to a lot of damages caused by the stress of the suit:
Loss of customer base
Loss of license renewals
Loss of sales
Loss of community
Loss of reputation
Loss of family relationships
etc.

I wonder if Brisco had of OK'd Mike & Kier to entirely rewrite vB 3.x ... how good would vB4 have been ?

There would be no Xenforo, because MAK would not have left.

Just wondering.

Reactions: RvG
I think what people are missing is that development was strong even during the lawsuit in the beginning for awhile. The notion that the lawsuit has rendered them useless from posting on XF is blasphemy. I don't know all the details and majority of it IS speculation but from what I've seen, and I have been here since almost day one something is seriously not right regarding the xenforo team.

I support the moderators... I help the community when I can... but something has happened since around January that has hindered xenforo severely.
Agreed, whatever their reasons for not developing; it's definitely not the lawsuit.
The XenForo team were so confident in their product long after the lawsuit, they wouldn't stop developing because of it.

Well it was Jake in http://xenforo.com/community/threads/august-update-discussion-thread.35634/page-16#post-405975 that said the following:

There really aren't very many people involved in the "bickering." They are just very vocal.
Should be soon. Already got answers. Just awaiting drafting and posting.

That was 2 months ago.

Actually it feels like a car journey with impatient kids in the back whining away because kids dont know how to wait. I wish I could pass out puzzles and sweeties to keep the whingers occupied!

Have some time to go in length no that i am not on my iPad.

What they could have done is inform us like i said many times before they need to be in control of the message. Then you could have some fun with the customers and it only take a few hours a month to do so here would be my ideas. First a contest price 1 renewals worth 40 dollars. You could even do a large contest and give the branding free as a price, in the end low cost to the company but entertaining to the customers. They could have done a mega contest and i mean one that run for several months why because customers are going to say what they want to see developed like CMS, Gallery, Blog etc etc te sky is the limit in this one, but here is the catch you need to say why and how its going to look on paper so what functions, features etc etc options in AdminCP etc etc. So much for contests, do sales renewal 10% off you can buy multiple years if you want to, branding free option instead of 250 dollars now 189 dollars etc etc. So they could occupy us with little effort and have a nice head start when they continued.

You are simply confused about this. It's very possible that ownership of the xenforo software could be transferred as part of a settlement. If KAM can't pay the fine what do they do? They give away the software. To claim it's impossible is false and naive.

If xenforo were to win, they could sure point to a lot of damages caused by the stress of the suit:
Loss of customer base
Loss of license renewals
Loss of sales
Loss of community
Loss of reputation
Loss of family relationships
etc.
Agreed. I think it would be easy to prove that damages occurred. However, some of the legal experts here don't seem to think Xenforo will pursue that path.

Folks, let's just take a step back and avoid any speculation whatsoever or any hypothetical sale/transfer of ownership of XenForo to another party for whatever reason. It is simply unnecessary fear mongering.

We're on the door step of a November 5th court date, and it should prove a most interesting one. Let's just pray and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom