California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he ever considered an actual employee? Or was he simply an "investor" who helped out?

Not defending anything just curious.

Looks like the David_ stuff is making it's way through the case now.

mchenry.mecham.kier.debacle.webp

I see the VBSI lawyers have nothing to go on but hearsay. What a farce.

It would be pretty amazing if the court would allow this without any indication that Matt is interested in testifying against XenForo. Without any such statement from Matt Mecham its double hearsay.
For all the judge knows, the screenshots may be false or put into false context.

I think he was more referring to the documents from Pam saying he's not employed by XF.

Oh I didn't see that. Weird.

I think I read that Ashley owns a 20% stake and that he was basically the money in the beginning. But he isn't a developer or anything. That is probably the distinction.

If you read the declarations' last few sentences, you'll see that he no longer is "employed" by xenForo. Meaning, Busby is out.

Where does it say he left? I only see it say that he is "third party" unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.

Well it says he is "third party" before that. So yes, it would mean he is not employed by Xenforo. But it doesn't mean he left.

If he's not employed by XenForo and also was dismissed without prejudice(if I remember correctly) then why would he testify.

On top of that testify for what has already been said? vB hasn't provided a lick of evidence(that we've seen - something went under seal I think)

My own personal non-lawyer opinion :)

I think this is a move by Matt to get IPS/IPB acquired by Internet Brands. Their recent changes seems to pointing towards the vBulletin licensing structures/styles.

Or at least just get more attention from the press. IPS wants more money, more business. But the question becomes: Why weren't they at ForumCon [2012] if that was the case?

Travelling Costs? Every penny saved is a penny earned.

Reactions: vVv
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom