California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
*judge to vb* So, all your claims have been disproven, do you have anything else to add?
*vb* Yes your honor, we found this picture of Mr Derby with missing arms, on that basis we allegate my Derby would be unable to code without his arms and thus his product must have been stolen from us
*witness box* /facepalm

In a nutshell, what happened? And where does Xenforo go from here? I read through the thread but it's confusing. All I want to know is if it's OK to stop worrying about Xenforo being put out of business by those greedy goons at Internet Brands.

In a nutshell, what happened? And where does Xenforo go from here? I read through the thread but it's confusing. All I want to know is if it's OK to stop worrying about Xenforo being put out of business by those greedy goons at Internet Brands.

More bantering between the 2. Expect this to go on for some time. When something of importance happens there will most likely be an official announcement.

Hmmm.... as it seems any nonsense fly's within court in the US these days, maybe I should write a book, then when someone reads that book and makes money for themselves, I can sue them for use of intellectual property infringement as the author! :coffee: [note 'sarcasm'!]

In the UK the loser in civil litigation pays the winners costs, including attorney's fees.
That would be great for the UK case, but does that apply to the California one if you're suing someone in the UK too?

The lawsuit will drag on for a while, but with the XF lawyers pointing out discrepancies and obvious contradictions in the IB case, I would think that bit by bit, the case IB claims to have is being hollowed out and undermined. At some point the judge will come to realize that it's all hot air.

The lawsuit will drag on for a while, but with the XF lawyers pointing out discrepancies and obvious contradictions in the IB case, I would think that bit by bit, the case IB claims to have is being hollowed out and undermined. At some point the judge will come to realize that it's all hot air.
Well, at the moment their holes are large enough to drive an 18-wheeler through. :p

Well, at the moment their holes are large enough to drive an 18-wheeler through. :p

Well. We might think so. But our opinions or impressions are irrellevant. It's the judge who will need to be convinced, and the statements made in the latest document linked are a good start.

The XF lawyer is basically just showing the judge that while the claims made might initially sound serious, they contradict, are based on wrong interpretations of jurisprudence, and overly emotionally worded. If the judge accepts that reasoning, it will give the XF defence huge leverage. I.e. "they lied before, why would they speak the truth about this?".

Justice moves so slowly I think Defendants suffer regardless if they win or lose.
And that's the whole point of IB's lawsuit.
IB owns a bunch of dated forums running old versions of dated forum software and is using old school business tactics in the age of the internet.
Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom