Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Is there an easy way to strip the time from the simple calendar widget? I want the date, but not the time displayed. Also, what's the correct code to get certain event fields to display in the widget?

**Edit - never mind, I see the minimum XF requirements in the update notes. You can ignore this reply...

Last edited:
Is there an evaluation copy for this addon? I've still been waiting for the addon to mature with other features impending - but I'd like to make sure it definitely fits my needs elsewhere. A description/detail doesn't do it justice. Even an admin demo server would be great.

For the events that get listed in the Activity Summary emails for Calendar - can you add a sorting method for "upcoming events", sorted by the date of the events, starting with the next upcoming event. The only decent sorting option looks to be date added, but that isn't a great way to list events.

NixFifty said:
Events can generate associated discussion threads on creation.
Does this change the thread type of the associated thread?

This is the functionality I would like (to host gaming sessions), but the thread type is in use by RMS.

Thanks

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.4.0

• If a user has specified their location in their profile, add a new navigation link to show events near them.
  • Add basic public-facing page for event venues.
  • Add additional CSS classes to RSVP buttons.
  • Fix an issue where the date icon might overlap the title of an event when on mobile.
  • Properly insert news feed entries when someone RSVP's to an event.
  • Fix an error thrown when trying to cancel or reinstate an event.
  • Ensure moderator log entries include the event...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this change the thread type of the associated thread?
To answer my own question, it does..

@NixFifty I'd like each category to be associated with an icon as well as its own colour.. Is this possible?

1620999249475.png

I realise it can't be done out of the box, but normally there is some kind of workaround? At present I'm simply manipulating the event title (and birthday phrase), but that would mean putting user events in to moderation and changing them manually each time..

I've been looking at the templates of this Calendar and feel lost! 😵

Nevermind - implemented my own workaround (the answer is javascript).

Last edited:
Reactions: Naz
To answer my own question, it does..

@NixFifty I'd like each category to be associated with an icon as well as its own colour.. Is this possible?

View attachment 251931

I realise it can't be done out of the box, but normally there is some kind of workaround? At present I'm simply manipulating the event title (and birthday phrase), but that would mean putting user events in to moderation and changing them manually each time..

I've been looking at the templates of this Calendar and feel lost! 😵

Nevermind - implemented my own workaround (the answer is javascript).
Added that in the next version so you should be able to target them easier.

We have noticed that the display of the event images has changed. In xenforo 1 version the event image was displayed as a square to the left of the event date.

In the new version the image is above the text. We first thought this is a banner layout. But the image does not fill the whole width. The uploaded image (1280px width) is rendered to 600px width. Any idea what can we do?

We have noticed that the display of the event images has changed. In xenforo 1 version the event image was displayed as a square to the left of the event date.

In the new version the image is above the text. We first thought this is a banner layout. But the image does not fill the whole width. The uploaded image (1280px width) is rendered to 600px width. Any idea what can we do?
You can edit the templates to put the cover image wherever you wish to better suit your style. You can see the code for it being used in the nf_calendar_event_view template so that should be a solid starting point.

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.4.1

• Add class names to events returned by the event feed.
  • Minor tidy up and re-organisation of options.
  • Avoid throwing errors if the add-on is in a processing state.
  • Opt not to eager load user responses to events so eagerly to reduce query overhead when this information isn't needed.
  • Support attendance responses to past events. This can be enabled in the options and is disabled by default.
  • When viewing attendance information for past events, ensure phrases are in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

During my research I came accross this calendar Addon. I wondered if one can create an Event and link it to a certain Thread? Is it furthermore possible to have multiple events linking to the same Thread? And last but not least: is the calendar filterable by linked thread and tagging system? That would be awesome functionality I would love to spend money for.

Also: Is there a demo or video somewhere?

If you mean a recurring event, where multiple occurrences/repeats of the same event and appearing multiple times on the calendar, have the same discussion thread ... yes
No, I mean multiple (different) events to the same discussion thread.

Maybe I need to elaborate the use case.

We have a investors community and are discussing different stocks in threads (1 stock = 1 thread). It would be nice if one could add multiple events to the calendar like release of the annual report, dividend date or important meetings and all link to the same thread. Then one could filter the calendar by thread and would only see events related to that thread.

Request - would love to be able to display a default image for all events that get added where the author doesn't add a photo, instead of displaying the author's avatar. Maybe have a setting in the admin panel to specify an image URL.
100% Using the OP's pic doesn't make much sense to me at all. Is there a template fix for this?

When setting up a calendar I select 'Automatically create thread in forum' and it removes the 'Post Thread' button from the selected forum and only allows me to 'Create Event'. This functionality correct? It can't post to a forum where users can also create threads?

When setting up a calendar I select 'Automatically create thread in forum' and it removes the 'Post Thread' button from the selected forum and only allows me to 'Create Event'. This functionality correct? It can't post to a forum where users can also create threads?
It's correct, yes. The chosen forum becomes dedicated to events instead.

Top Bottom